Sinestro’s Forehead Might

Why does Sinestro’s head get smaller throughout Geoff Johns’ Green Lantern run? Just wondering.

2 Likes

Lol. Does it? I never noticed.

2 Likes

I didn’t either until just now. I just recently finished his run and I am rereading Green Lantern Rebirth because when I first read it, I had never read a green lantern comic before so I didn’t understand it that well. Now that I know a lot more I am re reading it. It is a lot better now, but I am on an issue with sinestro and his head is massive. I’ll take a picture of him in Rebirth and one of him at the end of Johns’ run.

2 Likes

Weird! And funny. Maybe it’s just different artists?

Or, because Sinestro is an alien, his head inflates or deflates depending on the atmosphere!

3 Likes

3 Likes

That was his first appearance in Rebirth and once of the last pictures of him from Wrath of the First Lantern.

1 Like

Hey, look, he went gray, too!

For reals, though, I think we’re just looking at different interpretations from the artists. That first one is Ethan Van Sciver and that latter is Doug Mahnke. Just different styles, is what I’m thinking.

1 Like

Oh ok. I just read those two stories back to back and it just really caught my attention. I personally like the later picture more

1 Like

I like both artists, but if I had to choose, I would go with Mahnke, too.

1 Like

Sinestro: Five-head or Bust!

1 Like

I don’t have any insight into this particular series, so I’ll ask what’ll sound like an off-the-wall question: Does Sinestro get more physical over the run?

For some characters, DC artists like to use the coarser elements of phrenology for some of the villains. Big forehead and a sever widow’s peak is usually code for brilliant master manipulator, like Ra’s al Ghul.

1 Like

His brain gets smaller with age?

1 Like

I think Silver Age Sinestro typically had a larger forehead. I just assumed Rebirth was referencing that era.

3 Likes

Lol

2 Likes

Guy Gardner wills it to get smaller and smaller.

2 Likes