Sinestro and Hal Jordan meet

I’m having a hard time finding something, and I’m starting to question my own memory. I’ve been reading the Geoff Johns run of Green Lantern comics. I started at Blackest Night, and read all the way through to Wrath of the First Lantern. Then I realized that was a bad spot to start and jumped around a little before going back to GL: Rebirth.

In Rebirth, they show the first meeting of Hal Jordan and Sinestro. Hal in the jet, and Sinestro blowing it up. They seem to hate each other. I could swear that there is a version way later in the comics where they tell this again, but it shows more and reveals that they actually got along really well. The only details I really remember was after initially chastising Jordan for questioning him, Sinestro shows that he actually appreciates a fellow Green Lantern who questions authority.

I swear this scene exists, but I can’t seem to find it. I thought it was somewhere in Wrath of the First Lantern, but I skimmed through and couldn’t find it. Since then I’ve searched around in other Green Lantern comics, but can’t find it. I do know there is an alternate telling of this same scene in the Secret Origins plot, somewhere in '08, I think, but that’s not the one I’m looking for.

Does anyone know where this is? Or can someone at least confirm I’m not crazy and that the scene I remember actually exists?

The Secret Origin arc was my guess, but since you’ve ruled that out, that’s a no-go then.

Maybe in the Emerald Dawn mini-series or Emerald Dawn II (neither are on DCU)?

1 Like

No, it would have to be something on the DCU. I’m starting to question if I dreamed it or something, but I have such a vivid memory of it. Because I read this run of comics out of order, I would have read it before I got to Rebirth, even though it came later. When I read the scene in Rebirth, I remembered having read it before. I looked for a long time last night and for a little while today, and I just can’t find it.

I read the GL a little while back and I remember that. Not sure were though.

1 Like

Update: I found it! It’s in the Sinestro Corps Special at the very beginning of the Sinestro Corps War. I’m really glad that I found it, because I searched through a ton of comics and started to consider the possibility that I had dreamed it or something.