Silver Age Trades

@oldfashionoutlaw Thanks for the feedback! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Trade Paperbacks need a come back. Still waiting for the return of silver age trade paperbacks. And I am over a year behind on the current Nightwing, because I read Nightwing as trade paperback, and not hardcover trades.

2 Likes

Favorite Silver Age Hero? #poll

• Flash
  • Green Lantern
  • Supergirl
  • Superman

0 voters

1 Like

I believe the trades you show in your opening post were originally printed as single volumes in the hardcover Omnibus line first. I think they pared down the page count for the paperback version and turned them into multiple volumes, so the two volumes of Doom Patrol you show here were a single book in hardcover, the same for the Supergirl, and the GL might be volumes 1 and 2 in HC…

That’s how I’ve interpreted the situation between the hard omnis and the softcovers like you show here.

3 Likes

Yes that is right.

2 Likes

I just want them to finish making Golden Age trades… I recently spent $170 to collect the first adventures of Alan Scott

3 Likes

Well why not both? When they were printing trades, they were doing Gold, Silver, and Bronze at the same time.

2 Likes

That’s what they’ve been doing right? I remember seeing bronze age stuff at my local comic shop.

2 Likes

That is what they were doing before covid. Paperbacks trades in general have not come back yet in full force. Even current books have not been released on paperback yet, only hardcover trades.

1 Like

That’s upsetting

2 Likes

Yeah, but a lot of the hardcovers that are being released right now were ordered a year or more ago…

2 Likes

Yea over all printing is being delayed because of COVID, but in general paperback trades have been hit the hardest. And the silver, bronze, and gold trade printing seem to have no plan for being picked up and that is troubling.

1 Like

Favorite Silver Age Team #general-discussion:polls-quizzes #poll

• Legion of Super-Heroes
  • Justice League
  • Doom Patrol
  • Teen Titans

0 voters

3 Likes

One hundred percent agree! :smiley:

2 Likes

I am finally up to date on my silver age Justice League trade paperbacks!

3 Likes

Now DC just needs to pick up where they left off and start printing them again.

1 Like

I love the covers for these. I’d love for them to continue these just for that!

2 Likes

Welcome back to the community @oldfashionoutlaw! :partying_face: These are beautiful covers - congratulations on the collection.

Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything. :00_justice_league3:

4 Likes

Start printing them again. Pretty please ha ha… Silver Age Doom Patrol had like one more volume left.

1 Like

Still hoping and waiting that DC will continue to print its silver age trades.

3 Likes