Silver Age Trades

I would love it if DC picked back up publishing its silver age trade paperbacks. Only one more volume for Doom Patrol. I would love to see Superman, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, and Superboy as well as finish Legion, Supergirl and Hal Jordan, Green Lantern!

14 Likes

Hear! Hear!

RCO044_1582337864~2

7 Likes

For sure they would, but I prefer the trade paper backs they are more readable.

3 Likes

I was surprised that the great quality of the trades shown here when I came out the past few years, the color, the paper used etc.

While we wait for more of these, another fun thing to look into are the hardcover Archive DC editions when you can get them on a good sale ( or get one of your children to buy you one or two for Christmas or your birthday).

This is my latest edition from Christmas:

6 Likes

Yes good point, also for me I want to just throw the trade in my backpack jump on a bus, visit an new area, find a coffeeshop, and read a few books in the trade and enjoy a coffee.

4 Likes

COVID has impacted trade releases in general. Released about a month ago this is the only silver age trade since even before COVID. It is my hope that this is a sign that trade production will be picking up soon!

6 Likes

I would absolutely love more of these TPBs. I have both Supergirl volumes and the Legion volume. I see the reasoning behind an omnibus, but the lower price point of the TPB makes them seem so much more accessible to me.

4 Likes

Would love some more Silver Age trades. Been considering the GL and Flash ones.

4 Likes

Love the Green Lantern ones!

4 Likes

I’ve been reading silver age GL on the app and it’s been really fun!

4 Likes

Yes blah to people who say Hal is boring.

2 Likes

The price point is good, but for me it is the ability to travel with it to read in a park or a coffee shop. I am hoping for a silver age Superman TP, the don’t even have a omnibus of silver age Superman yet.

3 Likes

I’m with you. I would love Silver Age Superman TPBs. I’ve got the Golden Age ones, but sometimes in a more of a Silver Age mood. I love the Superman family with Kara and Krypto and the gang.

3 Likes

Yes silver age in general at DC is fun.

3 Likes

I know I am beating a dead horse here, but I would love to see DC release Silver Age trades of their western characters. Oh,and I am sorry for the obvious, dumb pun.

3 Likes

Ha ha nice. But no really the silver age is one of the most fun eras in DC comics. This thread is all about promoting silver age trade paperbacks. I only wish we could get more comments and likes to show DC that there is a demand for these TP. I don’t think there is better platform for get those voices heard.

3 Likes

When you link up DC Silver Age SF and WAR books with Westerns, you have unlocked the vault to a treasure trove to the work of iconic artists. To name a few: Carmine Infantino, Gil Kane, Murphy Anderson, Wally Wood, Alex Toth, Joe Kubert, Curt Swan (he drew more than just Superman), Sy Barry, Ross Andru, Mike Esposito, Bob Brown, Ramona Fradon, Russ Heath, Mort Meskin, and–of course–Jack Kirby. Remastered, and printed on something other than newsprint, the artwork of these masters would leap off the page!

3 Likes

Picked up some more silver age trade paperbacks.

6 Likes

Still waiting on some Silver age trades DC, please start them up again soon.

3 Likes

DC still has not released or solicited any silver age trades since before COVID. Please make these silver age trades available for fans to enjoy.

3 Likes