Show Us Your Cosplay WIP

This is your FIRST foam project?! Holy moly, that looks great!

My first foam project did not look as good as this, that’s for sure

4 Likes

Thanks. It has taken quite a while so far, but I’m taking my time. The red foam (What the Foam) works quite a bit better and holds shape. I almost want to redo the crown (it is flimsy) or add some WTF for support. We will see after the paint. I’ve never used Worbla - maybe that would have been better for the crown.

5 Likes

I prefer building with foam because it does have that flex/bend. It’s a little easier for me to wear.

Worbla is really really cool to use, but it is slightly heavier than foam, so if you’re sensitive to pressure against your temples (like me!), I would recommend keeping with foam.

4 Likes

Thanks very much for the advice.

5 Likes

In between my Mera armor, I’m still working on m classic BTaS Harley Quinn. Here’s her wrist cuffs almost finished!

3 Likes

For Halloween last year, I went as Bane.

I used fiber optic tubes with bright green light sources as the Venom tubes. I made a touchscreen display for the piece that was on my back that read, “Arms”, “Legs”, and “Head” that would toggle on and off depending on which button was pressed. This was a lot of fun to make.
It looks very cool in the dark.
BaneCropped

4 Likes

that looks SO cool!

2 Likes

Thank you! I got most of the electronics parts from Adafruit.

2 Likes

nice!

3 Likes

This is so cool!!! I LOVE when cosplay has that added element of LEDs, really kicks it up a notch.
Did you have the mask, too? it looks like, but I can’t tell

2 Likes

I do have the mask. I had wanted to try and make the one from the Harley Quinn show, but I only had time to buy the standard one that you can find online.
I had to 3D print end stops for the fiber optic tube so that I could put the laces through. I printed in black so that it would blend with the mask.

I also printed these for my arms and legs and secured them with black straps. It worked pretty well.

1 Like

My city’s comic con is this weekend and im almost ready

3 Likes

This looks so awesome!!!

1 Like

I politely demand an update when you are finished. :slight_smile: This looks amazing, great work!

2 Likes

I second this!

1 Like

Update : I can barely see

3 Likes

Pretty much just summed up the cosplay experience, or at least mine lol,

Sweet helmet by the way, you plan on weathering it or leaving it as is?

2 Likes

i cant do anything else to it in fear of messing up and making it worse, this is all ive got to give

2 Likes

Well it looks really fantastic. Great job :+1:

2 Likes