Shout Out to Your “Home” Comic Book Store

They bring us joy and entertainment and an opportunity to find new favorite s everyday (especially Wednesday s)- so show them some love. What and where is your favorite Comic Store? Mine is The Deep in Huntsville AL

1 Like

Cobalt Comics in Aurora, CO, and 2nd & Charles in Centennial, CO

2 Likes

Awesome topic idea, @wvp! Definitely a big shoutout to Mavericks Cards and Comics in Dayton, Ohio. Both of our dads grew up on this store and shared it with us as kids. The photos don’t do it justice. That comic book smell and the sheer amount of collectibles and books is breathtaking!

Here is our local shop, Mighty Moose Comics. The store owner is so knowledgeable and really makes the effort to get to know you and your comic preferences while introducing you to some new characters and stories as well. The fact that my eyes are closed in this photo shows the pure bliss of finding a new comic shop! :grin:

4 Likes

Thank you, @dogwelder9! :relaxed:

1 Like

Fanfare in Kalamazoo, MI has been around sense the late 80’s I believe. It has a wonderful assortment of comics, cards, vinatge games & movies and plenty of table top games of all varietys. With a freindly welcomeing staff that knows regulars by name its one of my favorite places to go every wed.

1 Like

Comics N’ Stuff
Carlsbad, CA

5 Likes

Comix Corner!

2 Likes

Encounter Comics & Games, Allentown PA Great bunch of guys, love spending my time there.

1 Like

Paper Heroes in Lake Charles LA

3 Likes

Tosche Station Fairfax, VA

1 Like

Collected in Fort Worth Texas!

2 Likes

DC Universe Infinite

3 Likes

Shout to the closest comics book store to me (I’m an hour and 45 minutes away)! Been there a few times and I love it there. The people are really nice. Shout out to Captain Blue Hen Comics is Newark, DE!!! If anyone from there or in the area sees this say hello and like this!

1 Like

OMG!!! I was literally about to post this store. I haven’t lived in California for a while, but I will never forget this place. I was in middle school and just starting to get into comic books, but unsure where to start. This place was like a dream come true. I was able to find all the new stuff and go through the backlogs. I’ll never forget the excitement of FINALLY finding the first volume of Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe after months of searching. I would literally spend hours in there while my parents roamed the mall. Such a throwback.

2 Likes

I was just about to post an identical topic but the good old search box led me to this.

When I was living in the East Bay up until recently Cape & Cowl Comics in Oakland, CA was my favorite spot. I didn’t go here enough to be considered a regular or even for them to really remember who I was–but they had some really fun remote events that made COVID quarantine suck a little bit less.

I need to get more active on their IG again. They’re really fun and friendly dudes. They never made me feel lesser for being a relatively new comic reader or for the fact that most of my reading is digital.

3 Likes

I don’t have a “home” comic shop any more, but I will give a shout out to the comic shop I spent close to a decade visiting: COMICS FOR COLLECTORS in Ithaca, NY. Right off the Commons, always had great service there.

4 Likes

Graham Crackers Comics In Naperville, IL & I’ve been there twice. I also went to one in St. Charles, IL. Both great stores :+1: !

3 Likes

Nice big shout out to Books-A-Million, 'cause that’s what I got where I’m at.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Perfect Storm West.
Paw Paw, MI

3 Likes