Should Trade Be Opened With Apokolips in DC?

Would you buy stuff from Apokolips? What would you want to buy? What do you think the exchange rate from USD (US dollars) to DSRT (Darkseid’s Shiny Round Thingies) would be? Should there be embassies on both planets? What does Bruno Manheim have to say about all this? Would it be okay for there to be bootleg earth products that are exactly like Apokolips products? How much would you pay for a Kalibak plushy? What would they buy from us? I’m betting icecream. The world needs answers!

(Please don’t bring up real politics, this is all a joke that started on another thread).

4 Likes

Their raw materials are people. The exhange rate would be their money for our bodies.

3 Likes

Hm… An excellent point but I don’t think you understand. They are offering Kalibak plushies! Little cute eyes and squishy cheeks (#canon picture below)! I feel that a mutually beneficial deal can be reached!

5 Likes

We are Americans. We can make our own plushies. Yes, that is adorable.

3 Likes

I think that is copyright infringement. Doug’s lawyers will be all over that.

3 Likes

Most of us here anyway :smile:

We definitely would be selling guns and buying guns. We crazy love guns here. Apparently. American people are scared often of us killing each other, so we buy guns to protect ourselves from bad people who will also be buying guns. Apokolips will love this.
They will exploit this to a ridiculous degree and America and Apokolips have now created a unlikely trade partnership and Superman is so appalled by this he decides to apply for Canadian citizenship.

5 Likes

But we will still have Green Lantern.

5 Likes

What is this, Cuba? LOL

5 Likes

It depends on who benefits from the trade. If the slaves and the lowlifes of Apokolips benefit, then alright. If people like Darkseid and Granny Goodness do, then forget it.
Apokolips commonly utilizes magma from other worlds, so if they could provide us with strange new tech, like Mother-Boxes, in exchange for harvesting magma from volcanos.

2 Likes

I don’t think we should, but you know our government would do it in secret lol. Maybe open up trade with New Genesis…

3 Likes

Oh, that’s clever.

3 Likes

Would New Genesis do trade with us if we traded with Apokolips? What do we have they want? Chocolate ice cream? Do they have Orion plushies? What if one country is on board but another isn’t? So many unanswered questions.

3 Likes

Maybe. Highfather is openminded.

We have John Cena, Sir Patrick Stewert as Professor X, and the TMNT.

I hope so.

New Genesis is all just one big nation, with the New Gods in charge and the Foragers doing everything else.

I don’t think they even have a currency system.

Oh, lord no!

Manheim will just ■■■■■ and complain. It’s all he’s good at.

Maybe. Just keep Granny Goodness out of it.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!

More like mountain-sized buckets of ice.

And I’m not the one to give them. I understand real world politics, at least good enough to fact check everyone on Fox News straight to Hell before having Urine Tea and Blood-filled Jammy dodgers with Queen Mazikeen.

I get that it’s a joke, however, if someone wants to actually consider this, even on a fictional capacity, knowledge on real world politics is needed.

2 Likes