Should there be more family friendly original shows?

More original shows is always a good thing!

Bring on a new season of JLU.
Ramp up a new season of B:TAS.
Give me a new Superman TV show.

1 Like

Why not have both! I enjoy the shows the way they are right now. It’s definitely possible to have both types. I think the mature stuff on the original shows are great. I don’t see a reason why we can’t have other types of shows that are family friendly as well. I say stick with the formula that you have and sprinkle in some family stuff from time to time. You already have the CW shows that are family friendly anyways. . :joker_hv_2:image

3 Likes

Stargirl will be family friendly.

1 Like

A bit of both would be good.

1 Like

Of course I agree that DC should continue making mature shows. Swamp Thing and Doom Patrol are proof enough that adult oriented superhero shows can be great. I just think that variety can be great for diversifying and engaging different fans.

1 Like

Pretty much what I would love to see happen. I just want there to be some variety. Keep the genres that are darker and more adult violent and engaging but add new shows with levity.

1 Like

i totally agree

I always thought so. It’d certainly make more people inclined to jump on board. Something Teen Titans Go-esque would serve this service well.

There are already tons of family friendly shows from the past that are available here. Personally I am much more interested in the more mature series as we had yet to get any until DCU started. Im not opposed to there being other family friendly shows in the future but for now there are already plenty and we need more mature content.

1 Like

What happened to new DC animated movies would be available within DC universe as soon as the movies were available for purchase?

2 Likes

Like a lot of people already mentioned, there are plenty of kid friendly shows on here. Most, if not all, of the animated series can be watched by kids. Just because they aren’t labeled “DC originals” doesn’t make them originals shows. Most of those shows are what DC fans grew up on and most of them aged pretty well. Do people really ignore these?

I wouldn’t say that they’re being ignored so much as they’re stuff we’ve seen before. I only brought up the idea to get some perspective from others on new content aimed for a general audience. I’ve already rewatched GL TAS, BTAS, STAS, JL/U, and all the other animated series, but the amount of new content is limited to essentially one new season/show about each quarter. One of the coolest things I’m looking forward to are the DC showcases because they embody everything I love about DC while still keeping things within what I would consider “family friendly”. I just don’t see why we can’t have more original/new content like that while still making darker/grittier shows like we’ve had until now.

2 Likes

I love the idea of original (New, for those nit-pickers) content that is approved for a more general audience. I think it’s funny that some people seem to take personal offense to the idea. You can still have your over the top gritty and gratuitous shows. Resigning those who don’t want the TV-MA to only watch reruns while the “mature” audiences get new shows is a baffling prospect.

5 Likes

I think it would be smart to. If, for no other reason, than to increase incentive for people with kids to subscribe. Although it’s not like there isn’t already a good amount of family-friendly content on here. They’re just not originals.

1 Like

YES!!! We need more animated shows with this type of tone. Enjoyable for all ages. It would be much appreciated. I would love a Nightwing animated series with as little Batman as possible

1 Like

@khristian012 I wholeheartedly agree

1 Like

@VoxAnomaly
“FROM THE PAST” being the operative words. We’ve all already seen them! Most people have already shared watching them with their families. That’s why the post asking about new ones.

2 Likes

So many people are talking about how the old shows are on here. About 90% of the subscribers grew up with those shows and have already shared the experience of watching them with their families. How many times do you expect them watch it over before getting something new? Then there’s the CW shows. First, they’re not on here. Second, it’s not the “kid” shows are for TV and the service is for adults. That’s not how this works. The whole point of this service is to have more original content! Periodtt

“A children’s story that can only be enjoyed by children is not a good children’s story in the slightest.”

I’m not a big C.S. Lewis fan, but I’ve always liked that quote. Anyway, I don’t see why a new family friendly show now and again wouldn’t be something that the community as a whole couldn’t enjoy, with or without kids.

5 Likes

I would agree that the service should have more family friendly content and make it safe to navigate for my kids. I would love for them to be able to use the service and watch DC content to their heart’s delight.

1 Like