Should there be a Wonder Boy?

I understand that wonder woman is meant to represent strong women and she is a great (and one of my favorite) hero. However, why is it that she can’t have a male on her team? Batman and superman both have women in their respected super families that have each made their own legacies. Personally I don’t think having a boy would make her any less of a lead hero. I would love to see her team expand and to see her train and mentor a guy.
I assume the following:
-wb is rejected by the amazons.
-wb will probably be rejected by ww at first.

• WB would have to be her son if he was to inherit some of her powers.
    P.s I do know about Hunter Prince, but I would like to see HER own son. Not her’s and superman’s son.
    What I think would work for wb:
  • being trained by women (ex. Black canary, huntress, zatanna, Artemis, wonder woman)
  • flight,strength, speed, strong magic user, and good combat abilities.
    I’ve been obsessed with Wonder Woman since I was a kid, and would love to hear back from anyone who would also like to see a wonderboy in her comics(not hunter).
11 Likes

I think you’re right. A female hero can have a male sidekick.

3 Likes

Her brother was working with her a few months back, but he didn’t have a superhero moniker, he just went by his name, Jason (I think that was it, I’ve only read the story once).

2 Likes

@vroom I did see that too, though there’s little mention of him again.

1 Like

Yeah. I need to re-read that story as I can’t remember what became of him now.

1 Like

The New 52 WW run established that any males, the Amazon’s give birth to are given to Hephaestus to work in his forge. I think a story about one of these children growing up to become a hero, anti-hero, or even a villain would be pretty cool.

8 Likes

@Truth_of_Pisces I knew that they weren’t kept by the amazons, but I didnt know about being given to him, that is pretty cool. I think wb becoming a hero and adopting the amazonian creed knowing he was rejected would be awesome.

3 Likes

@dcprince
Yeah you’re right like power girl !

1 Like

We always see future versions of the Teen Titans. Another Wonder Boy could always show up there.

2 Likes

Yes! It would make total sense since superheroes like Superman and Batman have females on their team, why not a Wonder Boy?

4 Likes

I have hardcore DC fan, I’ve been writing to and emailing DC to just hear me out to creating this character. I really think he would be a good hero. I’m praying I can win the young justice sweepstakes for the chance of someone there hearing me out.
But I’m glad I’m not the only one who would like to see him!

1 Like

Diana has a brother, Jason. He wasn’t called Wonder Boy, but I guess he could be, since Marvel already has a Wonder Man.

1 Like

@co2goddess yes, but I dont think he would be her sidekick. I’m talking about someone on cassie’s and donna’s level.

1 Like

We already have a Boy Wonder.

5 Likes

There’s already a Wonder Boy. Just not in DC.

2 Likes

Ah no. we have more than enough powerful male heroes unless it brings in other ethnic groups such as Asians

2 Likes

Earth-11 has a Wonder Man also known as Dane of Elysium. The only thing is that he apparently was portrayed as an anti-hero that had to be stopped after he killed Maxine Lord. Maybe DC can make a Wonder Boy/Lad as either his protege who wants revenge, or a son who wants to redeem his family’s honor(similar to Braniac-5).

3 Likes

no i dont thank that is needed personlly

1 Like

I would love a Wonder Boy!!! Thought about it myself! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I do agree about more ethnicities, but I think he would have to be greek. I think it would be interesting to see the son of another one of the trinity. Both batman and superman have females on their teams, but I dont think a man being their leader at some point have made them any less of a character. The wonder family (not the amazons) only has 3 people in it and a boy would shake things up a bit for Diana.