Should There Be A “What Previously Happened” In Trade Paperbacks?

Does anyone else have this issue or would like something like this? I only collect volumes now instead of single issues and it’s such a large time gap between when volumes are released. I’ll find myself forgetting important details and plots that carry over to the next volume.

I think a page or two in the beginning either text or entirely new panels going over what happened in the previous volume would be a great way to help readers jog their memory of what’s going on in the story and also help new readers who just picked up the volume because they thought it looked cool and allow them to follow along more easily.

Am I the only one with this issue and if not how does everyone else get around forgetting things volume to volume?

4 Likes

YES! I’m hoping that with the new regime we can start getting “previously on” synopsis for single issues at some point. I can barely remember what’s going on from month-to-month on single issues. Forget about remembering six months-to-six months for tpbs. I believe the previous Publisher in chief was against them. Makes no sense. The other of the Big Two already does this.

4 Likes

Honestly it could be pretty useful, though I kinda have mixed feelings. Like for example if I’m binging trades, using something like hoopla, it could get a little tedious. However if we’re talking Hickman’s X-verse, then YES

1 Like

I don’t have anything to add to this, other than seconding it. There should be “previously” pages at the beginning of every comic that DC publishes. It helps remind regular readers of what’s been going on in the title, and does wonders for onboarding new readers. Marvel does it. DC should, too. No excuses.

1 Like