Should the Shaquille O’Neal Steel Movie Get a Remake?

So I watched this John Henry movie on Netflix; and got me thinking maybe a Steel movie should get a remake. Especially have Man of Steel movie introduce the comic version of the character and then have a stand alone movie of Steel. The special effects would be amazing and I think the story would be good especially showing the very beginning of being a new hero. What do you think should Steel get a remake and do you think a live action movie of Reign of the Supermen would ever be made?

3 Likes

I honestly haven’t watched it because the reviews are so terrible that I’ve seen. If they do make another steel movie, I’d totally watch it though. It’s a different time, and it could be a lot better of a movie. I wouldn’t mind if they actually just killed off the DCEU Superman for the next 7 years or so and let someone like Steel take the mantle.

1 Like

I haven’t seen it since the early 2000. It’s bad for adults but kids love bad movies. @YoYoFroYo I do understand what you mean

1 Like

I went to theaters to see this movie with my little cousin.i love a good bad movie and this one was just terrible. I mean I don’t even want to rewatch it. So yes let’s make an updated version that is rewatchable.

1 Like

If Shaq starred in your movie, it should almost guarantee that somebody else should remake the movie. His free throw shooting was better than his acting, and that’s not saying much lol.

2 Likes

Considering that Shaq-Fu got a reboot, anything is possible.

3 Likes

lol, never heard of this, and the trailer has a part where it says " you should have remade steel"
to which Shaq responds “steel is next baby!”

1 Like

A remake? No.

A different cinematic take on the character where he exists within a universe inhabited by Superman? Absolutely.

5 Likes

Shaq still claims it is his worst movie and the worst filmmaking experience of his career. Boy, if that’s not saying something!

2 Likes

I still think this movie is not horrible. I had fun watching it. However, I don’t have a great track record when it comes to bad movies as I tend to enjoy them more than the normal person.

2 Likes

@darkstarz That’s true! :hugs:

2 Likes

Umm…that is another CLASSIC!

2 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

Look at everyone on this one song. I think that alone shows that they held nothing back on Steel. Sure, there are problems in the movie but I am not sure if I want a remake. I would be more open to seeing Steel in a team movie.

2 Likes

Steel absolutely deserves a remake. Aside from the 90s movie he has a strong storyline that differs very much from the typical Superman/DC character storyline…DC would benefit from a well done origin story for a character that has been all but dormant in the last 2 decades

4 Likes

This is a great point, @smprod302.86490 (thanks for joining the Community, it’s great to have you here!). I haven’t read a whole lot of Steel, but I’ve been reading more Superman titles lately, and I’ve enjoyed everything I’ve read with him in it. I really do think he’s an interesting character who’d have a lot of potential. I’d also just enjoy seeing the suit done with modern special effects. :slight_smile:

3 Likes