Should Netflix Consider Using More DC-Vertigo Related Properties?

Netflix has had insane success with both Lucifer (2016) and the Sandman (2022), plus they have iZombie available in the US and Canada. (And maybe other countries as well, but I don’t know)
So, my question is should Netflix consider making more DC-Vertigo imprints into shows, such as Hellblazer, Swamp Thing, Daytripper and I, Vampire?

2 Likes

It would be great to see, especially with Dead Boy Detectives going to Netflix as well.

I’d love to see them do something with Tim Hunter too.

1 Like

I almost forgot about the DBD thing.

1 Like

Well if HBO Max won’t give them the light of day, Netflix should.

2 Likes

Agreed, my good ma’am.

2 Likes

Fables?

Sandman on Netflix is amazing…sorry I know that doesn’t contribute much to the thread. I just wanted to say it.

I was really surprised they didn’t gloss over the Lyta/Hector subplot. When else would we ever get to see WW’s daughter on screen? So cool!

Oh, crap, I forgot about that. I wonder if the new DCEU will acknowledge it.

Sigh probably not. Things are canon until they’re not. Just look at Marvel’s Netflix shows.

They did however ignore Martian Manhunter’s cameo, so someone at DC/WB is probably telling them what they can and can’t do.

1 Like

Also, I enjoyed Y: The Last Man on Hulu while it lasted. This was the first graphic novel that really got me engaged seriously with the medium.

1 Like