Should Jason die in titans episode 2x6

I voted that Jason should live. Because if he doesn’t die and believe his death is Batman’s fault then he won’t have a vandetta towards him. I can also see why they would have him die though. Sense Bruce Wayne is so old in the series. Jason could be pissed at a much younger Dick Grayson. Also this would be a great story for season 3. Does anyone agree?

8 Likes

I’m a huge comic accuracy fan so I voted the same way. I don’t mind if he blames Dick, but it HAS to be the joker and a crowbar /explosion

3 Likes

I see kill Jason in the season in the beginning of season three have us get to know them or killing the season

Jason must die by the hands if the joker. His mext identity as the red hood is inspired from the joker. The compelling character red hood is so compelling because of his past with batman AND the joker. Slade cannot kill him. In fact i believe episode 7 titles bruce wayne proves he wont die. Batman we’ll save him THIS time.

2 Likes

I’m really pissed people want Jason to die so soon.
Yes he isn’t supposed to get a lot of time with the Titans as Robin, but this is the first Jason Todd as Robin on any TV show or movie, animated or love action we have! This is where we can dwleve into his character as Robin and get to know who he is so his transfer to Red Hood leaves a bigger impact.
In the series, he says himself that “Being Robin is the dopest gig ever”. If he falls to his death and becomes Red Hood since “Dick didn’t save him/let Slade live”, that’s really dumb because it’s like a crybaby going “I got myself into this mess and it’s his fault”. It was his fault he got killed. Secondly, Slade doesn’t have a huge profile for kills, so he can’t tell Dick “Why didn’t you kill him after he killed me” because they are trying to kill Slade. The Titans thought they killed Slade for killing Aquaman.
Red Hood exists as the crux to Batman’s philosophy, “Don’t kill”. Jason Todd got angry at Batman because Joker kept killing, killing, killing, and Batman didn’t do anything about it. Finally Jason Todd went after Joker, and died himself. But Batman still let Joker live. This tells Jason two things when he was brought back: Batman doesn’t seem to care about who dies since he won’t kill the killer and really isn’t a good hero for removing a problem, and second Jason didn’t mean anything to Batman. These two reasons are what make Jason an amazing antagonist when he comes back.
Nightwing can’t take the place of Batman in the above for two reasons: 1. It’s already been established Dick doesn’t care a ton about Jason, but Jason’s fine with that. Jason doesn’t think a lot about Dick. 2. Dick is a killing player/someone who actually goes after people for the purpose of death.

So to have Jason Todd die and come back as Red Hood at this point in the story will be the biggest insult to Red Hood’s entire purpose as a character, reducing him to a whiny loser.

5 Likes

I voted that Jason should live.

I like the character in Titans.

He’s the only one actually trying to be a hero.

#SaveRobin

1 Like

I feel he shoukd live as well. Joker has to be the one who kills Jason. Even if it’s not shown cause the show Titans just hearing that Jason died will add depth to Dick’s story.

3 Likes

I’m glad most of the people here are thinking the same thing. As much as I’m anticipating the origin of Red Hood, this is not the way to do it.

3 Likes

I voted for Jason to die. Not because I dislike Jason todd but because I love the red hood and I can’t wait to see him. Also alot of you on this thread are going on and on about how “Jason needs to be killed by the joker” my question to you is really? Are you sure about that? I know that the red hood is a call back to jokers origins in the killing joke but what makes you so sure that’s the only way to get to the red hood? This is storytelling people! There are thousands of roads that could lead you to the same destination and none of those roads are more “right” than the others. Also the killing joke heavily implies that it could have not happened that way and in fact the joker may have even made it all up. So what the hell is even the point? Even if deathstroke kills Jason todd instead of joker you can still have Jason become red hood. You want to know how? I’ll tell you how. Look at deathstrokes mask. Half of it is red. BOOM! You have the red hood. Just make it so that as Jason was falling to his death the last thing he could see was the red half of deathstrokes mask. Then he gets revived and cant remember anything other than the last thing he saw which was the red mask. Yadda yadda yadda. Badda boom badda bing! You have the red hood! Easy peasy!

I don’t think it matters. They already shot the season

2 Likes

@illwill reread what I said earlier. I didn’t necessarily say Jason has to die to Joker, I just said due to what Jason Todd’s Red Hood stands for, it makes no sense for Jason to Transition to Red Hood.

Killing him in the comics ended up being the right decision evem tho it was jacked up.
I feel like Jason needs to live, learn, and mature a bit more first before dying and coming back as the Red Hood. He’s too juvenile as it stands for him to be a decent Red Hood.

He should live and then die by the jokers hand duh!

1 Like

Number one, they’ve already finished shooting the season. Number two, I voted he did just because I know that has to happen for me to see Redhood. I can’t friggin wait!!!

Cool

1 Like

It would be great if Joker kills Jason and then we say hello to Damien.

No, just no. Red Hood is more than just a name and a mask, he’s angry and vengeful, his driving force is the resentment he feels because Bruce didn’t kill the joker. Sure he could be mad at Dick but clearly this version of Dick Grayson doesn’t have any issue with killing so what would his motivation be? More so the way he was killed was brutal, crowbar anyone? And it’s death in the family, not the killing joke, but I’m glad you brought it up because one of the reasons the joker being the one to kill Jason is so impactful is what he did to Barbara. This is the man that paralyzed batgirl, That speech in Under the Red Hood when Jason confronts Batman, and asks why couldn’t he just kill him, “after everything he’s done.” There’s a reason the Joker is Batman’s worst enemy. Killing Jason was personal, it was devastating. That panel of Batman holding Jason’s broken battered body is heart wrenching. Any rendition they attempt to do if he dies now on titans will be at best a cheap imitation.

2 Likes

Why would Bruce’s son be after Jason?..Tim comes next.

A Death in the Family

A Death in the Family