Should I Skip Night of the Monster Men?

I have heard a lot of negative things about this storyline and was wondering whether I should just skip it while reading through the Rebirth Batman stories. What would you recommend?

Honnestly, I did. They reference it a bit, but not so much that you can’t tell what is going on. Maybe someone who actually read it though would be able to give a better opinion. I think I only read 2 or 3 issues and decided it wasn’t really worthwhile.

2 Likes

I didn’t really have any strong opinions about it. It’s a bit light on plot but inoffensive. As far as I’m concerned, that puts it a step ahead of King’s stories.

2 Likes

@BatJamags
Fair analysis :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As a rebirth expert NO. A couple reasons. 1. It’s really good. 2. It’s important to the future of Detective Comics and helps kick off Batwoman. I would make sure to read detective comics vol. 1 “rise of the batmen” first

3 Likes

Nathan.Payson I decided to read it and am enjoying it a lot.

1 Like

I would recommend instead reading Matt Wagner’s Batman: Monster Men. It’s a much better version of that story.

It’s not good. It’s not terrible. I’d rank it bad. If you feel an inclination to be a completionist, I’d say read it just to say you did, but considering you are asking if you should skip it, I’m assuming you just want to read good things. There’s not much of anything good about Night of the Monster Men.

Steve Orlando. Meh.

@Nathan.Payson,

I didn’t enjoy the series myself, but tastes differ so whatever, but I’m curious how Night of the Monster Men tied into Batwoman and Detective Comics in a meaningful way? I don’t recall the connection.