Should Eobard Thawne Return For the Flash Season 9?

We all know that the Reverse Flash is an iconic character, but given his last few outings in the series, should he return for Barry Allen’s final battle?

No, they have completely overused speedster villains.

1 Like

I’ll just ask then: What do you think of Red Death and Cobalt Blue being 2 of the main antagonists for Season 9?

No idea. I have not watched a single episode since Owlman quit watching. If they do not have super speed that should be good.

1 Like

Don’t know about Cobalt Blue, but Red Death uses an artificial Speed Force. Also, I do recommend it. Season Nine is turning out to be better then seasons 6 through 8.

Matt Letscher’s already confirmed to return this season, so it’s just a matter of when Eobard’s back instead of if/should

1 Like

I know, but I am basically asking if that’s wise? After all, the whole Dark Flash Negative Speed Force Avatar thing fell flat and Thawne hasn’t been as scary and entertaining since season 5.

1 Like

I think it risks being repetitive and boring if we have another whole arc w/ him, but I also feel like the ending would be missing something if he didn’t come back at all. Regardless of how you feel about him, he’s still been by far the most significant villain for this show’s entire run, and he’s so completely linked to Barry that it only makes sense for him to have a final sendoff along w/ everyone else

1 Like

I do agree. I just would rather see a variation of Thawne from the first 5 seasons then another version of the Thawne we got during “Armageddon.”

1 Like

I will say it’d actually be refreshing to see Letscher as evil Thawne. We haven’t seen that overall since the end of Legends season 2 and even on this show since Flashpoint

1 Like

True. However, I may be biased since I’ve watched the show since it premiered, but I’d prefer Tom Cavanagh over Letscher, but only if A: they give him a new and impressive suit (the Dark Flash suit sucked) and B: they try to make him actually scary, since they’ve really dropped the ball since “The Exorcism of Nash Wells.”

Letscher’s Reverse Flash already has both of those down and is a great villain, but he lacks that insanity only Cavanagh can bring to a role.

I actually feel pretty much the exact opposite. I don’t dislike Cavanagh’s Thawne, but I have gotten annoyed w/ a lot of the whispery scenes he’s done as Thawne in the show’s later seasons. But Letscher absolutely has the unhinged villain act down pat, and I have no problem believing that his Thawne hates Barry more than anyone has ever hated another person

1 Like

Touché. Can we both agree that the scene where he screams “NOW WHO’S THE VILLAIN, FLASH?!?” is amazing?

1 Like