Should DC Go Back to Having Legacy Numbering on All Their Titles

As a collector, it’s easier to continue the numbering. Try to look up an issue. If it’s a lower number you have to consider the year. Batman #1 would be easy if it was just one series. Now you have to consider which year the number one was released, etc.

1 Like

I would say it depends. Look at Green Arrow from New 52. They had like 3 completely different ideas wrapped up in 1 numbering system. I think if you are going to change gears and creative direction there should be a new number. If you are changing writers but still going in the general same direction a new number 1 isn’t needed.

I think the way Marvel does it is best. Use both new number and legacy. I don’t know how it’s thought to be easier to keep track of with constant restarts. Now you not only have to keep track of the issue number but the year it came out. With both numbers you can tell if you’re picking up the right issue.

I agree with you. Marvel does a pretty good job with both numbers. IDW does a great job with their Disney comics. They started first, I think. DC has to do a better job. They can’t have four titles with legacy numbers and nobody else. I can see Action and Detective because they were close to hitting #1000. But why only Flash and Wonder Woman. I like it but it makes no sense

1 Like