Should DC Age up Billy Batson and Make Him an Adult, or Keep Him a Child?

Billy Batson is one of my all time favorite comic book characters. He has endless enthusiasm that can’t help but rub off on the readers. However I’ve what would Billy be like as an adult. We’ve had little hints here and the, like in Kingdom Come, but for the most of them he’s a villain, or a plot point. It’d be cool to see him grow into a man and take on a bigger role in the DC Universe. What are y’all thoughts?

Not for anything other than a storyline or a mini-series. I didn’t like that they aged up Jonathan Kent the way they did. A glimpse is fun, but a permanent change like that to Billy Baton would just feel wrong.

2 Likes

With all due respect,I think it’s a terrible idea. Billy being a kid is integral to the charac ter.

1 Like

@kidnicky1980.16257 I get what you mean that him being a child is a huge part of his character, but that’s what a lot of people said about Spider-Man. Spider-Man as a teenage hero taken on the responsibility of an adult. For years that’s only way people saw him. Until writers took it upon themselves to age him up and show readers what he’s like a man. Honestly my favorite runs of Spider-Man are him as an adult. I can kinda relate mor to a grownup trying to pay rent then to a teenager or a child. I’m just using Spider-Man as an example, I know these two characters are completely different, but I was using him to say it’s not impossible to organically age up a character while keeping their core as a character. Would you be more open to him being a teenager?

I completely agree with your statement about John, his aging felt rushed and random. I like the idea of a mini series of an grown up Billy.

1 Like

“Whatever Happened to the Worlds Mightiest Mortal?” has a nice ring to it. I’d LOVE to read that story…

1 Like