Should Constantine be brought back to his live Tv show in this platform?

By now everyone knows how Constantine was cancelled after only one season on the CW to then have him show up as a guest on the other most popular CW shows, personally I think Constantine has a hell of a lot to offer to this new platform, but what do you think about it? should he be back together with Zatanna? or could he stand high alone in the mausoleum of heores in the DC universe ?

18 Likes

I think Constantine’s first season was on NBC. It was canceled due to poor ratings on NBC. I think it would’ve thrived if it had started on the CW. I want his show back! I’ll watch it wherever it is playing. It would be fun to see him in a relationship.

1 Like

I don’t think the horror genre does well on national TV, which is why it had poor ratings on NBC. Frankly I don’t see it doing any better on CW which is aimed audiences who expect the main characters to have romantic entanglements. Constantine doesn’t strike me as romantic at all.

This series would probably have a greater chance of survival on cable like AMC or FX. The Best would be to have it on premium channel like Cinemax or Showtime where the writers can cut loose on horror/cult themes without alienating advertising.

As for having it direct to app, that would be a big risk, but a gutsy one.

CW has said they are making Constantine a series regular on Season 4 of “Legends of Tomorrow.” I think he will be in almost every episode from what I hear.

1 Like

I think a mini-series at the least. I would be all for that.

Am I the only one who thinks the original movie with Keanu Reeves was fantastic???

2 Likes

I enjoyed it for what it was at the time but I understand why the comic purists hated it. I never read the Constantine book prior to seeing the Keanu Film so I didn’t go into it with any preconcived prejudices, which made it that much more enjoyable for me.

Constantine needs to come back as a stand-alone show. Swamp Thing will fill the void if it doesn’t happen, but those Vertigo characters are a big part of the DC Universe these days.

Since you asked, not a fan of John and Zatanna. Can’t have Epiphany appear as a character if he’s with Zatanna.

I love Constantine, but I think he has been even stronger in the CW shows than his solo series. Making him a regular in Legend’s is the way to go. Good decision by DC.

1 Like

I would love it. The series just wasn’t supported well at NBC and there’s a demand for it otherwise the character wouldn’t be making appearances in the Arrowverse or have an animated type series

2 Likes

Can you imagine Constantine joining Swamp Thing’s R-rated universe on here?! I’d be beyond excited for that!

4 Likes

yes or create a Dark Justice show starring Constantine, Zatanna, Deadman, Etrigan, Black Orchid, Dr Occult, Madame Zanadu and random appearances by Swamp Thing

1 Like

Yes, Constantine appearing on Swamp Thing makes much more sense having him in that world of horror and the occult then being a part of the silly time-hopping of DC Legends of Tomorrow.

2 Likes

Constantine is an amazing character but NBC didn’t do him justice with promoting the show but ultimately Constantine downfall was SUPERNATURAL. For viewers of tv with no knowledge of who John is they saw him and thw show as a rip off of the hugely popular show supernatural. And tho the actor who plays John is dope and plays the part perfectly he doesnt have the charm that Sam and Dean have. It would be awesome to see Constantine get a second go at it on this platform but I think since he is licenced on the CW that might make it difficult to do. The good thing about having him be on LOT is that he builds a wider audience fir himself.

1 Like

Yes, this would be a perfect platform.

1 Like

Yes plus they also need to bring in Dr Fate since we’ve already seen his helmet in the first episode along with the Spectre.

2 Likes

I’d love to see Constantine done really gritty and R rated. I’ve started to lose interest in the arrowverse because it seems so campy.

2 Likes

Yes. Having it here would allow it to be darker. Constantine is such a good character, and keeps getting his chances undermined with bad writing/bad platforms. ALSO THEY CAN’T LEAVE ME ON A CLIFF HANGER LIKE THAT.

1 Like

YES.

1 Like

Yes! Major yes!

1 Like