Should Comics get Cartoons like Manga gets Anime?

The amount of comic readers continuously declines so many people don’t get to know some amazing stories. On the other hand, anime’s popularity rises in the US. What do you think about comics getting a cartoon adaptation that follows them like how a manga gets an anime?

7 Likes

Seems like a solid idea to me.

4 Likes

This thread is old, but will the cartoons have filler similar to anime?

4 Likes

I only see that happening if show was being done for a current series and very close to being up to date with the comics. If its done like JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure (Decades old story being animated for the first time) I would see no need.

4 Likes

Also I would freaking love to see some of my old favorite series get a cartoon show. Azrael: Agent of the Bat (1995-2003), Robin (1993-2009), Supergirl (1996-2003), and Martian Manhunter (1998-2001).

3 Likes

I would love it! Superheroes need more cartoons, they are lacking on that aspect.

4 Likes

That would be great but how would the viewer know its base on a comic? I have friends who were surprised to learn that comics are still being made.

2 Likes

I would love to see them do cartoons base on shade the changing girl.

2 Likes

I heard that modern channels don’t focus kn action cartoons anymore because they don’t sale that many toys and because they’re story focus, chances are the a new viewer will get lost and might not picked up the show.

2 Likes

They could have a disclaimer right after theme song that says based on the comic series.

“I have friends who were surprised to learn that comics are still being made.”

I have the same problem. If I ever want to have a good talk in person with someone about comics I have to go to a niche location. Nobody outside of that whom I’ve been aquatinted with cares or knows about comics besides the huge movies based off them that are usually not very loyal to the source material.

1 Like

I say this a lot, but they need to put commercials for comics, only times I saw some was on adult swim.

1 Like

Somewhat same, I have a few co workers that read comics. I’m trying to get a few of my manga friends into comics, it’s slowly working.

2 Likes