Should Ben Affleck Have Been Cast as Azrael?

I think Ben Affleck was great as Batman, I think the way he was written was the problem. Out of all of the Batman actors, I would probably pick a fight with Batfleck (Is that what the kids are calling it?) last. But I’ve been looking at it from another angle, what if he’d been cast as Azrael? I mean, Chris Terrio and Zack Snyder basically wrote Affleck to play Azbat as is. In the way he’s vicious, doesn’t take other peoples suggestions on how to do his job into consideration, and they both even brand people on random occasions.

You might say that he’s too old to play Jean-Paul, but I think enough Makeup and or CG could fix that. What do you guys think? Am I the only one thinking this or has everyone already said this?

2 Likes

I’ve never thought about it, but I could see it. I really think of Azrael as more…well, nutty… than it seems like Affleck could pull off, but I could see a version that really dives into the religiously devout aspect of the character for sure.

1 Like

And god knows Zack Snyder loves to put religious symbolism in his movies. (Pun ABSOLUTELY intended)

1 Like

Eh, not really seeing it. This felt more like if the Dark Knight Returns Batman never retired and just got more bitter, angrier, and without any hope in the future – until he realized what he was becoming and found his hope again.

2 Likes