Shazam

Has anyone ever read the new 52 shazam by Geoff Jon?
Cause I would really enjoy it if dc universe would have it.
Is there any other good comics/series out there that you think dc universe should get?

I grew up with the TV series Shazam and Isis in when it’s always a Shazam fan I’ve read about 7 pages of the new Shazam series I don’t know I think it’s not that good I would do a review in here with spoiler alerts once I’m done with it I am a huge Jeff John’s fan yeah I know the stupid talk texting spell his first name wrong it’s Geoff ironically with my first name also

The first issue YES! YES YES YES YES

The Backup Story Just as good. The last panel Incredible. The kid in me loved it.

2 Likes

I love that Johns is doing a complete 180 on the New 52 “Shazam” and making him more like Captain Marvel should be. Hopefully he will actually be going by the Captain Marvel name. I know he started to say it but then got cut off.

1 Like

I loved what Geoff Johns did in the new 52, one of my favorite stories. I also loved the first issue of the current run, excited for more.

1 Like

Am I crazy or is Geoff Johns tossing out all the continuity from New 52 Justice League with that Shazam Captain Marvel being a punk kid that was very unlikable to the one we have now in Shazam #1? I don’t think they’re the same guy!

I know nothing of the Shazam character I bought it for two reasons 1 The writer 2 The artist The book gets a score of a perfect 10 I am going to continue to read it

1 Like

Oh god, if they are tossing out the New 52 stuff I will be so happy. I want the real Billy back! Also, closure for the whole ‘We turned Ms. Marvel evil and then left her and Billy powerless when we decided to nix everyone’s canon except for Green Lantern and Batman.’ Johns was on route to fixing her before the New 52 swooped in out of nowhere anyway (seriously, look up interviews. No one was told anything about a reboot until late in the game). They can keep the other kids. They seem like good characters, there’s a lot of potential there. (I have not read the New 52 stuff outside of Batgirl) Also, make Mary his long lost twin again. Respect your source material.

1 Like

I seem to remember really liking how they were developing Mary Marvel before New 52 back around you know 2009 excetra

1 Like

Shazam to my pulls have issue 1 waiting for me at the shop so excited to pick it up and check it out

I’ll comment on Shazam. They have formerly known as the justice league on here which has Mary Marvel. A few Shazam’s. Shazam the new beginning was only 4 issues but it was tasty. I would love to have new 52 Shazam on here too. They seem to take requests. Plus, whenever a new movie/show is premiering, they assign the comics that apply to that show, hence Aquaman comics are everywhere & the movie is right around the corner. My guess is, that when Shazam gets close, they’ll release more Shazam at that time? Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Okay I went back and reread Shazam number one it wasn’t bad but it’s amazing how Billy’s father looks a lot like Captain Marvel am I the only one who knows that something is weird there also dear God give me members of the Shazam family even Uncle Marvel and and the Talking Tiger but they’re introducing happy hoppy the Marvel bunny I’m not sure if I’m going to like that

The idea of Billy’s dad being the spitting image of his alter ego goes back at least to Ordway’s run IIRC.

1 Like

Tawky Tawny will probably make an appearance in some form. I would say they wouldn’t b/c to the unenlightened it could come off as cheesy. I love TawkyTawny tho & he is called the big red cheese after all.

1 Like

Shazam that is not Tawny

Tawny was in the Geoff Johns New 52 series that the current ongoing is a continuation of. He’s a regular tiger in the zoo who Billy visits and I think he fights Black Adam.

2 Likes

TheDemonEtrigan

Nice. That’s 1st response I’ve gotten to any mention of tawky on any thread. I picked as spirit animal on who’s your spirit animal thread & crickets. I was like really? That’s a perfect spirit animal reference. So thank u kindly for that. I can’t wait to read those.