Shazam! Fury of the Gods: Official Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

The question today is whether you are supposed to stick around for one scene after the credits roll or two.

On 2020’s Birds of Prey, there was no scene to stick around for, but I figure that’s because James Gunn refused to allow any Suicide Squad footage in that film for end credits.

Gunn and the Birds of Prey director were conspicuously silent on plugging each other’s film

2 Likes

The simple solution for me is to wait a few days after the movie is out to see if there’s any credit scenes before I go. I’m one of those who go maybe after the first week, wait to see reactions and then decide if it’s worth spending money to go to the theater or wait until it’s out to stream

2 Likes

There’s a website, MediaStinger, that will let you know if a movie has a mid-credits and/or end-credits scene. A few times when I’ve checked it doesn’t have details if the movie is really new, but it’s usually updated pretty fast and I’ve found it useful.

4 Likes

By the general rules of thumb this is how much money it made last weekend.

Dom- 15,055,579

China- 1,075,000

International- 12,120,000

28,250,579 total.

5 Likes

Considering DC’s track record with post credit scenes Whatever was in there probably isn’t gonna lead to anything anyway lol.

6 Likes

Well guess what y’all? Shazam: Fury of the Gods is out for streaming and digital purchase NEXT MONTH. I’m impressed by how quickly movies these days are releasing for digital

5 Likes

That is very fast. I think since the pandemic happened, not many people want to go see a movie in theaters anymore, so they rush to have movies available to stream.

5 Likes

I’m just happy I didn’t go see the film in theaters, now knowing its releasing this fast. It’s cheaper going that route anyway

3 Likes

Sadly, that is due to how bad it is doing in theaters.

4 Likes

It is more convenient to watch at home. You can pause when you want and rewind if you need to see something again!

6 Likes

Yes it is cheaper but I will always love seeing these big scale movies on the big screen. some movies just wont ever hit the same way on the tv.

6 Likes

That is true as well. Going to the movie theater is always fun for hearing the crowds reactions and it is extremely easy to see when you have a huge screen.

6 Likes

:tada: Welcome @Saywhat! :tada:

4 Likes

The wife and I bought into the Cinemark Movie club and that helped a lot with pricing for us. I will admit that there are many movies we have waited for theme to come to the streaming services. Cocaine Bear and Terrifier 2 we waited on. I just can’t Imagin seeing the New Fast and Furios or John Wick on a small screen. Thats just me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Saw the movie, sorry to say I didn’t like it as much as the first film, that I even walked out of the theater after 1 hour & 15 minutes into a movie, being a Christian man I just didn’t like how many time they kept using God’s name in vain. I should’ve went to see Ant-man instead, sorry everybody.

5 Likes

Sorry.

5 Likes

Its all right, man. Seeing this post along with many others put me in a spot where I’m not putting my expectations high with this film. Same case with Ant-Man though. Im just going to wait for all these films on streaming.

4 Likes

Zach Levi RT’d something of note a day or so ago:

Hmm. :thinking:

4 Likes

I just checked Rotten Tomatoes

Critcs are down to 51.

Audience is actually up to 87.

4 Likes

It disheartening about the critical reception to Shazam but that’s it’s bombing just breaks my heart.

I think it’s burnout on superhero movies for most people, and maybe the DCEU reconstruction that audiences are anticipating to not watch. I don’t know why they are bombing, but I do think as a Shazam fan, it’s brought a certain cynicism in me about the future of the movies.

5 Likes