Shazam Discussion

This discussion focuses on everything SHAZAM! I feel he does not get a lot of attention and is a very minor hero in the scheme of things. Therefore, because I can relate very well to Billy per real life as I am adopted so I know what kind of life that can be and because I have actually had the pleasure of meeting my childhood hero in real life, I would like to have a discussion on everything surrounding SHAZAM’s character. Discussion is now open :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think Shazam was a great show, it’s a very rare show where a Superhero show is educational. That’s really cool that you’ve met the 2nd actor who played Captain Marvel.:grinning:

2 Likes

I think he is highly rated and loved.

My favorite storyline where he has a major role is JSA Princes of Darkness.

3 Likes

I think he portrays many morals moreso than others. He is not the normal hero like Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman. The irony in making that statement is that he is created and endowed by the Gods as Wonder Woman is as well.

1 Like

Last summer I worked in Denali National Park, in Alaska. It’s very remote, so you find ways to entertain yourself. One of the things I enjoyed doing was hosting movie nights. They had a projector and a sound system in the dining hall that you could plug into- one of the films I showed was Shazam.

I love Alamo Drafthouse: if you have one, you know what I’m talking about but if you don’t- they know how to make movies into events. For certain screenings, they give gifts related to the film and before the movie show clips related to what you’re watching. So that’s what I did- I gave out free comics and put together a short playlist of clips. These:

2 Likes

That sounds like such a good time! I’m sure everyone appreciated the effort you put into it. I love that you gave out free comics too, that’s so nice! :relaxed:

2 Likes

Names of the Shazam family. I don’t know why each member of the new Shazam Family haven’t given themselves superhero names! I mean, they’re a bunch of kids who get to turn into superheroes! Why wouldn’t they give themselves super names?

Here are my suggestions:
Billy Batson: Captain Shazam (an homage to his original name Captain Marvel)
Mary Batson: Lady Shazam (I remember in the back matter of the Kingdom Come graphic novel that she was called Lady Marvel)
Freddy Freeman: King Shazam (though I could see Billy jokingly call Freddy “Shazam Jr.” as an homage to Captain Marvel Jr., he was also at one point called King Shazam in the Kingdom Come back matter and even called himself King Shazam in the new 52).
Darla Dudley: Zippy Shazam (she clearly channels the Speed of Mercury more than the other powers, and why wouldn’t she call herself “Zippy”?)
Pedro Pena: Hercules Shazam (since he channels the Strength of Hercules more than the other powers)
Eugene Choi: Raiden Shazam (he’s a video game nerd who has probably played Mortal Kombat, and he channels the Power of Zeus more than the other powers of SHAZAM).

What do you guys think?