Share Your Ships!

Oh no it’s an actual thing. Come on. Now it is copyrighted and DC can’t do it. That sounded cool.

5 Likes

No, I already did that in a previous thread on the same topic.

My favorite DC ship is the one that brought baby Kal-El to Earth.

7 Likes

supergirl redhood
batman wonder woman
batman nocturna
batman harly
casandra cain superboy conner
star fire nightwing

5 Likes

Dick/Babs (favorite)
Wally/Linda
Hal/Carol
Arthur/Mera
Ollie/Dinah
Scott/Barda
Diana/Steve
Carter/Sheyera (2018 run)
Lisa/Sam (short lived as it was, not sure exactly why, lol)

10 Likes

7 Likes

For a very brief moment, i thought the black haired guy was Hitler

6 Likes

I will be sure not to tell Colonel Darnell that.

6 Likes

BBRae! :purple_heart: :00_teen_titans:

And of course:

:purple_heart: :0_batgirl: :0_nightwing:

Also-

:catwoman_hv_4: :batparrot:

11 Likes

I also ship this. Mixed on Cassandra/Conner mainly because I ship Cassie/Conner.

6 Likes

I like tumultuous romances. To me, a relationship is interesting when it’s difficult, full of angst, and even a little bit toxic. In that way, the Wildfire/Dawnstar relationship from Paul Levitz’s Legion of Superheroes run is the epitome of a great comic book romance.

It starts with Wildfire and Dawnstar not getting along because Wildfire is a pretty big jerk. They bicker while on missions together and insult each other. Slowly, though, they begin to develop feelings for each other until it is obvious they’ve fallen in love. However, this is a big problem.

Dawnstar feels a strong obligation to her people and her culture to get married and have children. This is not possible with Wildfire who doesn’t have a body in a traditional sense. He is sentient antimatter energy in a containment suit (which is why he’s such a jerk). Knowing her familial obligations are important to Dawnstar, Wildfire pushes her away. This causes her to go on a search for a new soulmate. Despite feeling that this was best, Wildfire gets REALLY jealous and goes after her anyway. Dawnstar drives home how unfair that is, but loves him so…

I mean, say what you want about a lot of Levitz’s work, but that’s compelling stuff. That’s the kind of drama I like seeing out of my ships.

7 Likes

Me too and while there are plenty superheroes who are in relationships who have dysfunctional development and just break up. I just wish DC comics stop doing that sort of thing with their heroes and focus on their villains with tumultuous romances.

Not many villainous relationships out there, but I always thought that someone like Enchantress would be interesting in a relationship. She was with Killer Croc, but unfortunately that relationship was treated as a joke. Perhaps Sebastion Faust. He had attempted to kill her in Day of Judgment and that would be fun in a chaotic sense as the start of a romance.

5 Likes

My #1 favorite ship is a pretty obvious one: Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor but one of my other favorites might not be super popular. I love Cassie Sandsmark and Tim Drake. Super underrated ship IMO.

I also love Superman and Lois Lane, Green Arrow and Black Canary, Hal Jordan and Carol Ferris, Raven and Beast Boy, Batman and Catwoman, Aquaman and Mera, and Barry Allen and Iris West, but these are all classic ships.

10 Likes

Other than myself and Jason, everything I ship is already canon, or at least deemed classic.

One thing I’d like to ask though, if DC uses the multiverse and excuse to do this, would we like to see other characters be with characters that we normally don’t see them with, as long as it works?

The obvious answer should be yes, but come on, it’s a comic book fandom, everyone has a different viewpoint. And yes I’m already aware of some examples where this has happend, such as Barbara Gordon with Tim Drake in the Arkham series, but not many people were happy about it.

9 Likes

…Please tell me the age gap disappeared.

6 Likes

Was there a follow up to their Batman/Superman New 52 flirtations on Warworld? I always wondered about that.

5 Likes

If you’re referring to the Arkhamverse, it did. Tim Drake is an adult, Catwoman even confirms it in some dialog in Arkham Knight. “This one’s more of a grown wonder”, or something along those lines (probably not exactly word for word but you get the point).

7 Likes

Midnighter and Apollo

Problem?

6 Likes

No problem at all! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Of course not! I just really wanted an excuse to use that second image.

6 Likes

It’s a great image for sure!

7 Likes