Share Your Ideas for the Weekly & Monthly Fan Art Challenge

Pitch: DC Fan Grrl International
A weekly spotlight on Women’s Voice in DC Comics. Both audience and creators share their love of all things DC Universe.

I have a logo for it.

6 Likes

Oooh I am so here for heros doing the mundane :pray::pray::pray:

7 Likes

Fan art for a specific show or cartoon? It could be in one’s own style or the show’s, for example one week Super Friends and another week Teen Titans. It could also be a screenshot redraw of them.

8 Likes

A few ideas I had while working today:

• Favorite Hero vs favorite villain or villains
  • Favorite hero or villains gallery (as many or few as you want)
  • Heroes or villains in unlikely scenes (Batman @ a birthday party or the Flash watching Golf)
7 Likes

You guys are awesome- keep them coming! Just to note, I’ve got July already laid out (and I did make room for flash, thanks to @TheRealDetectiveChimp), but I’ll be sure to put these into action starting in August!

5 Likes

I just had another idea while replying in another area! Heroes or villains in full on Anime Mode? Would that be allowed as long as we keep them in current or past uniforms?

3 Likes

I believe so, yes!

1 Like

Draw with opposite hand and really now that I think about it…if @Viciousdark, @Z-A-C, & a handful of others could just always draw with their less dominate hand or even feet so my stuff looks better would be great! :rofl:

4 Likes

Lol that made me think of this; a media challenge, where you try to use a new mediums to make art in. Like if you normally use colored pencils trying a drawing app or sculpture, something new and outside of your usual comfort zone

9 Likes

that sound great! I just ordered some monster clay and super sculpey so I can get make some statues. Messed around with clay in my teens but haven’t since and looking forward to giving it another go.

5 Likes

I’m ambidextrous lol :joy:, I usually don’t use my left hand for drawing tho and never used my feet :rofl:.

4 Likes

Maybe a media chalenge, Jim lee has recently started using only water colors

and no inks. I think it could be cool to only use paints for a chalenge, especially for people like me who use ink as a crutch for art. @cici I think this would also be a really good chalenge

8 Likes

On a similar note, it could be fun to design superheroes/villains teenage bedrooms!

And I agree that the team challenge was an incredibly good challenge and more of those would be great!

9 Likes

Thats my jam :+1:

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: reminded me of this for some reason
Batman-Takes-Flash-Pretzel

8 Likes

If there is ever a halloween one we could have heros wearing another’s costume like Wonder Woman wearing Power Girls Costume.

5 Likes

Unfortunately that’s against the Fan art guidelines “2. Do NOT create any new characters, or design new costumes or logos for existing characters, or combine existing characters (e.g. no mashups or crossovers).”, because it would be a mash up, but if we could that would be a great idea. I think a loophole could be doing preexisting mashups published by dc. Such as Batman and swamp thing

2 Likes

I um…I approve :blush:

2 Likes

Hey @DCFanArtClub me and the bug under the rug @AnonymousHQ are hosting a third gift exchange (Dont worry its virtual)

4 Likes

Heyas! Can you confirm the date for me? I just saw a bunch of articles saying the anniversary was back in January, with the special issue out in March.

1 Like