Several DC Animated Series Leaving HBO MAX in January

I just looked at the list of what is leaving HBO MAX in January. And sadly the 60’s Aquaman animated series, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Justice League and Justice League Unlimited are all leaving on January 31st.

Unfortunate, not a huge surprise while I don’t for a second buy the “news” that got spread around that when they merge MAX and Discovery+ that the Warner Brothers content will be some tiny buried tab in an otherwise Discovery+ service. But if they are merging they will likely be cutting some stuff. And Zaslav made it clear hedidnt’ feel kids programming was doing well on MAX so not surprised he cut some back. And I can’t lie, I am sure especially Aquaman from the 60’s was likely not getting huge views, I was surprised they put that one on at all.

But still, they have such a great DC film and TV show library that had for the most part not had any major removals ther than cycling in and out a few of the older movies. So this is a shame and sadly probably not the last of the DC content to be pulled from it.

13 Likes

No I’m sad

7 Likes

Yeah, I worried they were going to do this. I don’t have an account because I own most of it but I know several people who actually started watching DC stuff because those shows were on streaming. Especially sad about JL and JLU.

8 Likes

I don’t really use HBO max for dc stuff that much but that still sucks, JLU is an amazing show.

9 Likes

I’m thankful I have DVD copies of JL and JLU because it’d suck not being able to watch those shows anymore

8 Likes

S120

More seriously- there is always the library and other ways to watch them.

8 Likes

Pating Stargirl on the back. This is not a good news, especially for DC Animated Club.

By the way, Happy Birthday @DanTheManOne1, hope you have a great Birthday today! :partying_face::birthday::tada::confetti_ball:

6 Likes

Hopefully they come back later or they pull a Looney Tunes Show (it was reportedly leaving, but the move was canned at the last second, and it is still there).

@DanTheManOne1 Happy birthday Green Lantern.

6 Likes

I mean, I can kind of get taking out the Aquaman one – I doubt there’s a lot of demand for that one – but Brave & the Bold? ANY of the Timmverse? That’s wild and dumb as hell.

Guess that means I’m just going to have to buy more of this stuff in physical form. :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

This is ridiculous.

7 Likes

Happy Birthday @DanTheManOne1 !

5 Likes

Not at all happy about this. The only reason I get HBOMAX is for the DC section and being able to watch DC shows anytime. I am paid up until August right now. If this continues to be a trend I doubt I will subscribe again.

7 Likes

JL/JLU is still my favorite DC show ever, so this one really hurts. The decision to remove an absolute modern classic is just absolutely terrible. Once again this new regime continues to be the absolute worst

4 Likes

This really saddens me. BUY DVDS PEEPS!

4 Likes

Happy birthday @DanTheManOne1!

3 Likes

Happy Birthday @DanTheManOne1! :tada::birthday::confetti_ball:

booster-gold

5 Likes

Happy birthday, @DanTheManOne1! I hope you’re having a great one. :slight_smile: :birthday:

5 Likes

Happy birthday @DanTheManOne1!

5 Likes

Thanks for the Birthday wishes @scoop001 @Green.Lantern @Jurisdiction @TheBatgirlofNML @TravisMorgan and @Lincolnfan78 :smile:

8 Likes

well, I dunno anymore, I can just look at thumbnails of episodes for Justice League/Unlimited, and remember the basic plot for each episode…

I do though think it is a shame to drop the animated DC stuff, because new kids coming into DC are going to miss out.

I do not have high hopes for HBO Max DC Hub, there should have by now, been a handful of brand new animated DC series on DC Hub, pick a hero any hero, boom give them an animated series. and heck an animated movie as well.

and then HBO Max execs/board of directors, what ever, sit around an go, peas and carrots , peas, and carrots, why is HBO Max doing so poorly? We have a ton of movies no one wants to watch we have all these Hubs we don’t do enough with, we don’t spend the money to get what fans want on there… Whyyyy cant we make any money? An then someone goes, I KNOW ! We should raise the monthly subscription cost !

slow claps.

6 Likes