Set The Mood: Wonder Woman Edition

setthemood

HAPPY OCTOBER!

Since October is Wonder Woman’s time to shine, we’re kicking off the month with some tributes to our mightiest warrior, Princesss Diana! :muscle: :halloween_wonderwoman: Feel free to post any sentiments for (or about) her. Or just come in to admire her cool, shiny shield.

Speaking of shiny, my own Pinterest moodboard this week focuses on some overarching visual elements that I connect to Diana’s aesthetic. I put those same visuals in a full graphic too.

QUICK Q&A:

Hold up, Static. What the heck is a moodboard?
Putting it simply, moodboards are a series of graphics that are used as a way of capturing the atmosphere surrounding a particular subject to briefly immerse the viewer into the “mood” of said subject. Kind of like collages! Which is why there’s no right or wrong way to make one. You could make one entirely out of relevant quotes, or organize one by a certain color palette, or just fill it up with pics of things that represent the subject point-blank. It’s your board!

How do I make a moodboard? How do I post it here?
Personally, I find the easiest way to make moodboards is through Pinterest. For those who aren’t familiar with the site, it’s a hub for images/videos that can be added to “boards” you create based on personal interests or whatever you’re particularly searching for. Many people use it for the sole purpose of creating moodboards, so there’s plenty of stuff to work with there if you’re not inclined to create one from scratch.

That said, you’re also free to make one through any editing program if you don’t wanna go about making a whole Pinterest account! Just paste the graphic(s) here as you would any other image. If you’re doing a Pinterest board, feel free to drop the link to it, or provide a preview screenshot!

And finally, for those who don’t wanna do either of those things but still want to participate, you’re more than welcome to create a moodboard of your own here by posting any pictures you may find relevant and just sort of talking about your thought process on them. (Ex. post a photo of masks and talk about how that may relate to “Crazy” Jane.) Otherwise, feel free to just openly discuss your thoughts on the topic at hand.

And by the way, yes yes YES, you can absolutely make a moodboard for a subject/character someone else already posted about in here.

As always, remember to keep all contents of this thread respective of the Forum Guidelines. This includes doing your civil duties to keep a check on profanity, keep things SFW, and remain respectful towards one another’s work. For now, let’s also stick to posting :warning: ONE BOARD PER PERSON (PER TOPIC)! :warning:

That said, what’s your favorite Wonder Woman moment?

13 Likes

I have never made a moodboard (and would not know what one was without @staticshocks’ handy tutorial). But I can’t not celebrate Diana, so…here goes:

This is impossible for me to choose…if it’s comic-based, probably something from Greg Rucka’s Rebirth arc, but I’m not sure I can narrow it further.

But for a movie moment, it’s hard to beat this one:

7 Likes

The No Man’s Land sequence is an excellent choice.

I might have to go with her Batman-saving entrance in Batman v. Superman, with that Hans Zimmer/Junkie XL score:

6 Likes

Excellent choice also! The music, and the fact that we’re seeing her in action in her armor for the first time…very good stuff. :wonderwoman:

5 Likes

THIS IS SO GOOD!! I love all the elements you used for her! (Especially the ice cream.)
You can easily tell who this moodboard is for. :heart: :yellow_heart: :blue_heart:

Yup, yup, this was a good one for me too. :star_struck: :00_wonder_woman_stars:

7 Likes

Yesss, Hans Zimmer (and Junkie XL, respectively) always knocks it out of the park. I remember buying the Dark Knight OST when I was a teenager for those bangers.

But yeah, total boss scene! It’s what she deserves.

7 Likes

Thank you very much! :blush: I couldn’t leave out my 2nd favorite ship: Diana/ice cream. :rofl:

8 Likes

I made this in Procreate. There was this art piece that I lost in an auction from a bid sniper… shakes fist… so, I recreated it but in my own style.

9 Likes

AMAZIIIIIIING. :scream_cat: I can’t even pick my favorite part – all the mixed media you used flows SO WELL. And the other JL members’ icons on those balloons?

Great piece!! Perfect for celebrating Diana :muscle:

4 Likes

One moment that sticks out for me is in Bloodlines. Upon hearing she is going to an island comprised of only women, Etta mutters about if any would be into her. Diana turns to her to say, “If we make it through this, I can make a few introductions”.

But from what I have read thus far, she might be my favorite DC superhero. And what i have read, I owe completely to the World of Wonder book club.

I like how Diana does her heroing. Whether it’s a fight or ‘the talking’, she assesses the situation, almost in a big picture kind of way, and then makes her move(s). It’s a tactical prowess.

I also liked seeing her as a leader in that JL: Dark. When she wasn’t making decisions, she had a “soft touch.” if someone wanted to try something, she would give them the space to do so.

4 Likes

Ohhh yeah, I remember this part well. Along those same lines, I also really like this scene from the Superman: Red Son animation:

They’re small moments (and in the latter case, are technically AU), but they still mean a lot!

I agree! She’s a great, level-headed hero. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Thank you! That’s so nice of you to say and I’m glad you enjoyed it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

6 Likes

My favorite moment is also my favorite storyline. Eyes Of The Gorgon. When she uses the snake she cuts off Medusa & blinds herself. Than reveals the blindfold & a victory to all those watching on live tv. Pere’z run, Simone, Rucka, & I love her character in Flashpoint. You get to see what an angry group of Amazon’s (& more importantly) WW can do, if they ever turned…just realized Amazon’s Attack is another one where u get to see what Amazon’s could dish out. (& it’s amazing too!!!) Not WW tho, &/ or at least not like Flashpoint.

5 Likes

(Possibly surprising no one) I’m gonna drop some variants and gifs! :raised_hands: :00_wonder_woman_gold: :purple_heart:

Sebastian Fiumara, WW 777

Jenny Frison, WW 51

Carlos Danda, WW Annual 2021

Bosslogic, WW 750

Eyes of the Gorgon already got a shout out, but can’t forget this moment:

Or this:

Aaaand :sunglasses: because it’s the law.

9 Likes

Go Wonder Woman! :star_struck: :+1: :muscle: :star2:
Even though I have just a few Wonder Woman Collectibles, she’s just so awesome!

5 Likes

Wonder Woman Quote:

7 Likes

Have fun u 𝑾𝑶𝑵𝑫𝑬𝑹full people u. I’m off to prepare for a Browns pregame. Not going or anything, it’s in L.A. but I have my own traditions. Football is by far my favorite sport, yet, I only like the NFL & only the Browns. I don’t even watch college football. I just wait to see if we draft them & then I ask my buddies if he’s good lol. If their a good pick I’ll get to know everything about them anyways. Have a fun weekend see u Tuesday. Man, that felt dirty typing that & next did pop into my head. Terrible what a stupid phrase can do to my righteous brain :brain:

2 Likes

I’m gonna cry :sob: :heart:

4 Likes

Unreal!!! That’s a great panel. Got Gorgon & Milestone love in common. Take it away WAR.

2 Likes