Set The Mood: Task Force Z

setthemood

The dead will walk again!

And this time they’ll be accompanied by “minor” cannibalistic tendencies … you know, brain-eating, flesh-devouring business. But let’s not bring the Z-word into it just yet.

In the gory spirit of Task Force Z hitting DCUI today, my moodboard this week is set up to feature some of our “heroes” from the team lineup. Each one looks like they could star in their own spin-off retro horror movie, which I’d totally be down for.

And given my love for any Z-word-not-Z-word story, I wanted to do something that was just as dark and gritty as the nature of the plot itself. :zombie: We love a good bad time!

QUICK Q&A:

Hold up, Static. What the heck is a moodboard?
Putting it simply, moodboards are a series of graphics that are used as a way of capturing the atmosphere surrounding a particular subject to briefly immerse the viewer into the “mood” of said subject. Kind of like collages! Which is why there’s no right or wrong way to make one. You could make one entirely out of relevant quotes, or organize one by a certain color palette, or just fill it up with pics of things that represent the subject point-blank. It’s your board!

How do I make a moodboard? How do I post it here?
Personally, I find the easiest way to make moodboards is through Pinterest. For those who aren’t familiar with the site, it’s a hub for images/videos that can be added to “boards” you create based on personal interests or whatever you’re particularly searching for. Many people use it for the sole purpose of creating moodboards, so there’s plenty of stuff to work with there if you’re not inclined to create one from scratch.

That said, you’re also free to make one through any editing program if you don’t wanna go about making a whole Pinterest account! Just paste the graphic(s) here as you would any other image. If you’re doing a Pinterest board, feel free to drop the link to it, or provide a preview screenshot!

And finally, for those who don’t wanna do either of those things but still want to participate, you’re more than welcome to create a moodboard of your own here by posting any pictures you may find relevant and just sort of talking about your thought process on them. (Ex. post a photo of masks and talk about how that may relate to “Crazy” Jane.) Otherwise, feel free to just openly discuss your thoughts on the topic at hand.

As always, remember to keep all contents of this thread respective of the Forum Guidelines. This includes doing your civil duties to keep a check on profanity, keep things SFW, and remain respectful towards one another’s work. For now, let’s also stick to posting :warning: ONE BOARD PER PERSON (PER TOPIC)! :warning:

7 Likes

I’m excited!

2 Likes

I just spent all day working on this so I hope you like it!

4 Likes

@staticshocks could you add a “Set-the-Mood” tag to make it easier to find your weeks? And so I can be notified whenever a new Set the Mood is up.

2 Likes

Great idea, @Jurisdiction! :smile: I’ve gone through and added a #set-the-mood tag for each of the current Set the Mood threads - please let us know if you notice any that happen to be missing the tag.

2 Likes

Ok. Thanks so much @Shayera.Hol!

2 Likes

Great stuff here, JD! I really like all the overlapping shots, especially with the size differences between them. The one you chose for Mr. Bloom specifically sends a lot of gears into motion with this piece :eyes:

Sidenote, thanks for asking about a tag! And an even bigger thanks to @Shayera.Hol for getting that together for me.

2 Likes

Thanks so much @staticshocks!

1 Like