Set The Mood: Batgirl

setthemood

… a.k.a Barbara Gordon, the super-skilled, super-smart, super-redheaded heroine of the night!

Babs is a long-time fave that I’ve been eager to do for a while here, and as such an iconic member of both Birds of Prey and the official-unoffical Batfam, of course she had to be added to this month’s highlights! I specifically wanted to focus on her time as Batgirl to show off that handmade costume upgrade that debuted in her series a few years back.

(A “few”, I say, having been almost ten years now!)

QUICK Q&A:

Hold up, Static. What the heck is a moodboard?
Putting it simply, moodboards are a series of graphics that are used as a way of capturing the atmosphere surrounding a particular subject to briefly immerse the viewer into the “mood” of said subject. Kind of like collages! Which is why there’s no right or wrong way to make one. You could make one entirely out of relevant quotes, or organize one by a certain color palette, or just fill it up with pics of things that represent the subject point-blank. It’s your board!

How do I make a moodboard? How do I post it here?
Personally, I find the easiest way to make moodboards is through Pinterest. For those who aren’t familiar with the site, it’s a hub for images/videos that can be added to “boards” you create based on personal interests or whatever you’re particularly searching for. Many people use it for the sole purpose of creating moodboards, so there’s plenty of stuff to work with there if you’re not inclined to create one from scratch.

That said, you’re also free to make one through any editing program if you don’t wanna go about making a whole Pinterest account! Just paste the graphic(s) here as you would any other image. If you’re doing a Pinterest board, feel free to drop the link to it, or provide a preview screenshot!

And finally, for those who don’t wanna do either of those things but still want to participate, you’re more than welcome to create a moodboard of your own here by posting any pictures you may find relevant and just sort of talking about your thought process on them. (Ex. post a photo of masks and talk about how that may relate to “Crazy” Jane.) Otherwise, feel free to just openly discuss your thoughts on the topic at hand.

As always, remember to keep all contents of this thread respective of the Forum Guidelines. This includes doing your civil duties to keep a check on profanity, keep things SFW, and remain respectful towards one another’s work. For now, let’s also stick to posting :warning: ONE BOARD PER PERSON (PER TOPIC)! :warning:

5 Likes

(Consider this also a small tribute to our resident Babs lover, @DC89. :stuck_out_tongue: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart:)

4 Likes

C7FXxzfq_400x400

:face_holding_back_tears: This was so kind of you. Thank you @staticshocks. :purple_heart: :hugs:

5 Likes

My moodboard is a tribute to the first Batgirl I ever knew, Yvonne Craig.

5 Likes

For @DC89 and to any fans of Batgirl, this is for you, hope you guys like it.:grinning:

:00_batgirl:

5 Likes

:hugs:

3 Likes

:notes: Ain’t nothing, ain’t nothing, ain’t nothing
Put your heart and your soul in it
Ain’t nothing, ain’t nothing, ain’t nothing
Now put your heart and your soul in it :notes:

BG BG BG! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: :00_birds_of_prey:

5 Likes

Dina Meyer! :heart:

2 Likes

Of course! You and Babs go hand-in-hand in my mind, I couldn’t tackle her without giving a shoutout. :smile:

Amazing board by the way! The “I believe in Barbara Gordon” is an especially great touch. That’s a DC89 signature if I’ve ever seen one :+1:!!

NIIIIIICE!! Love that you got a shot of her ride in there too!

Love to see it! This is a great way of showing all the different artists/designs that have touched Babs over the course of her shelf life. She had such a cool black and yellow costume too :eyes:

4 Likes

#LiveActionBGPrime :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart:

5 Likes

6 Likes

NIIIICE, love the color scheme on this so much!

3 Likes

bw26x3615shfb7
xbgp1x
x1883gif 03
xbgb1x
bw163x3617shfx3610shf
xbgb1x
x3616shfx3614shf
x1827x2807shf

xlm65Bx

#barbara-gordon #batgirl

5 Likes

Love the dynamic movement of this @xLOVEandDoomPatrolx! Awesome work. :0_batgirl:

3 Likes

Thanks @Shayera.Hol! Thanagarian praise is indeed a high honor. :white_heart:

2 Likes