Seriously Bendis?

This is months old but my FLCS just reopened and I got the chance to read issue 15 … Drake is still not sitting with me well, from both a costume design perspective (it’s boring) and from the idea that it is literally the character’s last name.

Okay, that’s my rant.

5 Likes

A seriously Bendis thread could be about so many things. I’m pretty vocal so this is a retread but: Jon Kent, Drake (name, costume), Young Justice as a whole (the attempts at clarification are taking way too long and are convoluted, shoehorning in too many of his own characters before giving due time to the YJ legacy, and Superboy’s jacket), Jon Kent, yet more attempts to alter Krypton, Jon Kent, the identity reveal, and Jon Kent. I fan-hate this era of Superman. I know it has fans, and that’s the nature of fandom, but I think he was a colossal mistake just because DC wanted the name.

5 Likes

I think this era of Superman started out good but yeah … Bendis screwed the whole pooch on it. I keep trying to get into it and find I can’t. I enjoyed the concept of Pre-New 52 Kal’El taking over the mantle from New-52 Supes. Loved kid Jon and Damien Wayne’s actions. There was a lot to love but Bendis … sigh.

3 Likes

Complaining about Bendis will be a “demonstration” sport in the next summer Olympics.

3 Likes

@Tobias-RCO2 When it comes to lazy writing and lame ideas…Bendis leads the way. It is just ridicules at this point.

5 Likes

Finally I’m an athlete!

5 Likes

I’ve been reading Action Comics and my next issue as of writing this is the one right before The Oz Effect.

Dude I just found this thread, I’m thrilled I’m not the only guy completely fed up with Bendis’ crap. I can’t believe how incredibly bad his stories are. My biggest complaint is how he utterly wrecked the Super-Family of Clark, Lois, and Jon. He chucked all of Tomasi’s work out the window. Bendis was just too lazy to bother writing a compelling family book.

1 Like