Secret Hawkmans

The coolest idea from Robert Venditti’s 2018 Hawkman series (which, if you haven’t read yet, you absolutely should) is that Hawkman’s reincarnation cycle is completely nonlinear, unconfined in any direction through time or space. This means that Hawkman’s next reincarnation could occur years in the past, or simultaneously to another incarnation, or… as seen in the series’ Year of the Villain tie-in… in a completely different universe. The implication is that ANY character, in ANY reality, could secretly be a reincarnation of Hawkman, somewhere in the thousands and thousands of lives he’s lived. So, with all that in mind… who do you suspect of being a secret Hawkman?

Personally, I’ve got my eye on “Hawks,” Japan’s #2 ranked superhero from the manga and anime My Hero Academia. That’s gotta be a Hawkman for sure.

7 Likes

Frank Miller’s Batman

Compare the love for breaking their enemies bones.

4 Likes

There’s no way to prove he isn’t.

Other possible Hawkmans:

• Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
  • Birdperson, of Rick and Morty
  • Angel, of the X-Men
3 Likes
  • Prince Vultan, leader of The Hawkmen in the original Flash Gordon comics… Hawkmen? Sound familiar?
5 Likes

I’m thinking Hawkeye.

2 Likes

Also, Red Raven

2 Likes

In that case, who’s to say every life has to be a heroic one? Maybe in one life he’s just an avid bird watcher, living a peaceful life in…Scottsdale, Arizona.

3 Likes

Bats is a deontologist to Hawkman’s consequentialist, so for the bat family I suggest Jason. He even used to have a bird theme.

2 Likes

Even has a rebirth (both figuratively and literally) storyline)

1 Like

In one life he is a full on villain (Sky-Tyrant), so it is canon he is not always a hero.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Taylor Hawkins from Foo Fighters

3 Likes

I’ll allow it. Also, I’ll just say it, Tony Hawk.

6 Likes

Dr. Tommy Oliver

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be too surprised if Dawnstar was the 31st century Hawkwoman.

3 Likes

I think that @HubCityQuestion is one of Hawkman’s lives. He knows more about the DC universe than someone who’s only lived one lifetime, and he always includes a Hawkman question in trivia tuesday… :thinking:

8 Likes

Last issue is here.

3 Likes

I guess that means it’s time for me to start championing my new favorite ongoing DC comic, Catwoman.

3 Likes

Based on Hawkman #29 no, but she probably trained her

1 Like

:exploding_head:

Now that I’ve connected the two, could Mulder have been a secret Hawkman? Or Scully? :open_mouth:

2 Likes