Scooby Doo General Discussion

How do you feel about the scooby doo comics being added on here? Which do you recommend reading?

3 Likes

I’m thrilled! I would HIGHLY recommend everyone check out Sholly Fisch’s “SCOOBY-DOO TEAM-UP” series. It’s so much fun.

11 Likes

I’ve never read any of them but I’m really excited that they’ve been added. Looking forward to reading scooby apocalypse.

5 Likes

Same. The artwork is amazing and it just looks interesting

3 Likes

I would be overjoyed, I loved Scooby Doo when I was younger and I still have a soft spot for it. I love the original cartoon and would like to see what reading a Scooby Doo comic is like

3 Likes

I’ve always been a Scooby fan. Didn’t know they had comics before hand. Thought apocalypse was there first. But now I have plenty of fun to read.

4 Likes

I’m thrill to see Scooby Doo comic on here, I would recommend the team up.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Im happy to see them. as a 90s kid it takes me
Back to when I first read comics as a kid.

3 Likes

I love it for starters Scooby-Doo 1997 DC comic was what got me interested in comics when I was a kid I got an issue and loved it i was a fan of Scooby-Doo and it’s what got me reading superman batman Wonder Woman justice league teen titans supergirl and batgirl and I really want to reread them

3 Likes

Super fun! I’m digging them already! I’d recommend Scooby Doo! Team-Up, featuring Batman & Robin.

There are lots of inside jokes and each book feels like a mini-episode.

5 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. IMHO, Sholly is really underrated. First noticed him doing the back-up stories in New 52 Action.

He has just the right touch with his stories and feel for the characters. No grim and gritty Scooby-Doo to match the adult sensibilities of the assumed audience. Just light and fun Scooby and Superhero stories.

Reminds me of the Superfriends comics from the 70s and 80s (also being added to the Service).

1 Like

Great to see them add the Scooby issues.

I love, love, love the Scooby-Doo Team-Up Series and will try and do a reread one of these days.

1 Like

I likely won’t read the series, but going by the covers at least, we need an animated movie or TV series that features the character designs of DC heroes from the covers of Scooby-Doo Team-Up, as those designs are perfect and would look swell in animated form.

I am also getting to read through them for the first time and they are a lot of fun. :grin:
Definitely would also recommend the Team-Ups as they are pretty funny to read with all their inside jokes like @KeyFamily mentioned and previewed. :sunglasses: :+1:
I also started the Apocalypse ones and it is a very interesting take on the gang for sure. Kind of surreal though in reading through the first issue given our current state of things. :grimacing: Might also save these more for weekend reads since they are a bit more involved than the Team-Ups I’ve read so far (or that may just be because I am a slower comic reader as the first one took me almost an hour to get through). :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I agree! Thank you @ajm08g. I haven’t checked out the Apocalypse series yet but I’m interested. Happy Birthday! :tada:

1 Like

Thank you! Yeah it’s definitely an interesting take unlike any other Scooby related things I’ve encountered. It also still finds a way to keep up with our fun Scooby humor too here and there from what I’ve read. I’ve learned if I ever encountered that Daphne to be careful what you say. Just ask that Fred or Shaggy. :grin: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Anybody know where issues 1-39 of scooby doo where are you are? It starts at issue 40.

I didn’t collect all of the Scooby doo team-ups and had to drop Scooby Apocalypse comics due to my budget at the time, so I am really happy to see them added on here.

It’s just something that they haven’t gotten around to releasing digitally.

My five year old and I are loving the Team Up series. It’s just her speed! I’m reading Apocalypse, also better than I thought it would be!

Thanks, DC!

3 Likes