Scooby-Doo Discussion

Do you have Arabian Knights in your library?

I actually found it at a library in college and just had to see the work that temporarily killed the franchise.

I’ll check it out. I’ve recently grown to dislike the newer movies! They started off really good with Abracadabra, Camp Scare, etc and somewhere along the lines they just got corny and not in a good/fun way. It’s almost like the franchise doesn’t take itself seriously when before they could still be silly and goofy while also taking the mystery and characters seriously. I guess they’re targeting a younger demographic but Scoobby-Doo should be for everybody, not just 5 year olds.

1 Like

It is not in my library but looking at the trailer I can see how some people wouldn’t like it. The art style looks a bit like “Pup named Scooby-Doo“.

I try not to take this stuff to seriously. I love the characters, the premise the music, the tropes. The franchise gets interpreted by lots of different writers, directors and producers, it’s bound to change story to story. There are definitely ones I consider better than others. I really can’t think of one I really dislike.

1 Like

Looks like the Ravens are going to be playing Happy Halloween, Scooby-Doo on the big screen in their Stadium on Oct. 21.

1 Like

I enjoy Scooby Doo, I love the Scoobynatural crossover and when they met Johnny Bravo.

2 Likes

Oh I remember when they met Johnny Bravo too :joy::joy:

1 Like

What’s everyone’s favorite chase scenes from Scooby-Doo? My top 3 would have to be:

• A Night of Fright is No Delight
  • Jeepers, It’s the Creeper
  • Haunted House Hang Up

And what are everyone’s favorite monsters?

Jinkies, is that a breakfast cereal?

2 Likes

I could go for a Ghoul School, Witch’s Ghost, and Zombie Island rewatch right now … :eyes:

2 Likes

When the monster chased Scooby, Shaggy, and Harry during their Vincent Van Ghoul marathon.

2 Likes

It was the Phantom from Who Fears the Phantom? Mystery Incorporated. The only episode of the series to include a classic chase scene.

2 Likes

Watched the Sword and the Scoob animated movie. I liked it.

There have been about a million commercials for it on every Cartoon Network on-demand show that I’ve watched over the two weeks.

1 Like

I have not seen that one yet. It is cool how many of these movies they produce.

1 Like

House of Horror club is covering the first arc of Scooby-Doo Apocalypse right now if anyone wants to join in the fun.

1 Like

Just recently tried to watch Straight Outta Nowhere and I turned it off after maybe a half hour. Just didn’t enamor me. I wasn’t a huge fan of Courage back in the day to begin with but I do remember the show feeling creepy and spooky. This didn’t feel like that at all. I’m already turned off by these childish adaptions and this just made it worse. I’ll wait for Scooby-Doo to be for everyone again before I watch another movie which leaves out the King Arthur movie.

And am I the ONLY one who finds the new voice for Velma HIGHLY annoying?

1 Like

I do miss Mindy Cohn. I am alright with the new girl’s voice but Mindy’s is the one I liked the most.

2 Likes

The only good performance from Miccuki I have seen is Scooby Doo and Batman the Brave and the Bold.

1 Like

Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated is by far one of my favorite cartoons of all time. It’s no surprise that the same people made The Harley Quinn Show. The art style and seamless story telling is identical.

I also adored the live action movies with Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr. They’re not spectacular, but they’re very cute movies.

3 Likes

I didn’t know that about the HQ and Scooby Doo Mystery Inc connection. That is very cool.

The Live action Movies were great! My wife isn’t into them so I don’t get to watch them very often but they are fun.

2 Likes