Scooby Apocalypse Discussion

I just started reading it and am enjoying way more than I thought I would. What’s everyone else think?

7 Likes

I haven’t started it yet. But that sounds like a good idea

3 Likes

I have read most of the series before, and for the most part I enjoyed it. It got repetitive sometimes. I remember seeing it for the first time thinking “woah, well, this looks interesting!”.
Edit: oh wow, didn’t realize they put so much of it on here! Might be time for a reread.

5 Likes

Read the first issue today, very entertaining reading so far . (Given who the creative team is, that’s hardly surprising! I’ve been a big fan of their work since the JLI years)

4 Likes

Glad to see these added. I already own issues 1-27 (digitally) but had not purchased 28-36 yet. Now I won’t have to. :slight_smile:

These books sort of suprised me. Not real fond of Scooby in general, but I like this series quite a lot.

4 Likes

Darn fun series from what I’ve read.

…and this is coming from someone who typically thinks that Scooby-Doo sucks.

4 Likes

I’m on the 3rd issue and it is very good so far. It’s more mature than the scooby I’m used to but that’s a good thing and it keeps some of the same things I’m used to also.

3 Likes

As a long time scooby doo fan (that sounded better in my head) I was willing to give the weird new comic about the gang surviving the apocalypse a chance. Currently, I’m enjoying it for the most and I’d be interested to hear some other people’s opinions on it :grin:

3 Likes

I’m on issue 7. I started 3 days ago and am really enjoying it as well. I am loving the art. The issue on Velma’s background made me do more introspection than a lot of comics lately. So far it seems like the writers really have something to say. The moral and ethical nature of fighting people who have a chance at redemption is interesting. Do you give in or fight for the chance at total redemption of those who can be saved? Really good stuff.

3 Likes

Just finished 17 and it’s been awesome. I enjoy a good apocalypse and with the Scooby gang it makes it even better. Even in this weird and darker world they all still feel like the good ole gang.

1 Like

I’ve only read issue 1 but I really like how they are characters at a science facility and for a TV Show. The art style is also great and the story really makes me want to read more!

2 Likes

Honestly, one of the most fun comics I read in a long time. I hope they do more!

2 Likes

This is a really fun book, it’s great to take a break from some of the more immersive universe stuff and have a little scoob time!

2 Likes

I love JLI, but I heard a lot of negative reviews around the series when it launched. People here definitely seem to like it, and now I don’t have to pay anything extra for it, so maybe I’ll check it out.

1 Like

FWIW, it seems like these books are going to be here only through Sept. (which is actually pretty cool). But you can buy these same books, over 200 of them, for the great low price of completely free on Comixology. Then you’ll have them forever.

If you don’t have an account, this might be a good time to sign up (also free) just to get the Scooby library.

1 Like

Just finished it and it was awesome. Definitely a great read.

1 Like

It was so good I binged the whole series in two days. I love scrappy being this bad ass most of the time, it did take me a bit to get used to the new character design only because i grew up with them, but it didn’t take long. All and all 10 out of 10 for me.

2 Likes

The new character designs were probably one of my favorite things about the series. I do really enjoy the look it’s got going for it.

2 Likes

Fun series. Ive read all of it. Ending was somewhat of a let down. But worth a read.

2 Likes

I was not expecting this comic series to be good but I really loved.

1 Like