🔊Schedule Change Announcement: Saturday Morning Cartoons Become EVENING Cartoon

s!:full_moon_with_face:We’ve been having a lot of fun forcing some of you to get up early on Saturdays and watch cartoons with us, but we’re going to try something different moving forward. Due to a lot of feedback around your availability, we will be watching our cartoons as the sun sets
:full_moon_with_face:(7:00pm PST):full_moon_with_face:, rather than rises, Starting THIS Saturday, July 6th.

“What does this mean? How should I prepare?”

Not much else is different. We’ll still be nomming on cereal, and we’ll still be rocking 'toons. Mostly just be a bit more wary of vampires and werewolves.

As mentioned above, we’ll be kicking off Saturday Evening Cartoons this week on Saturday, July 6th at 7:00pm PST/10:00pm EST with the first three episodes of Young Justice: Outsiders, Part 2! We’ll be making our official post on it soon, so stay tuned!

15 Likes

Cool. Works for me, hopefully more people can join us.

3 Likes

Yes! I’ll actually be able to attend after my classes on Saturdays :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh sweet, thanks for this! I’ll see you all on Saturday then for some Young Justice: Outsiders :smiley:

4 Likes

Hey, I can do that! I’ve never really been able to do these watchalongs, but now I’ll be able to give one a shot.

3 Likes

I’m going to get very hungry by then

3 Likes

How does this work and how do we know what to watch

Well, that’s kind of a bummer to be honest. The fun of SMC was in watching cartoons in the morning.

I understand adjusting the timeframe to accommodate folks, and acquire a larger attendance and that’s fine, but the early morning get together was fun too.

5 Likes

Sounds like a job for the volunteers of WAL

So, like an adult swim forum?

The important question: Can I make NSFW jokes?

1 Like

Oh hey, if dirty jokes are present, I’m onboard.

I was already onboard anyway, so it’s win/win :smiley:

2 Likes

This is not so great for some of us on the East coast

1 Like

I have to agree 10 pm isnt that great for east coasters, im normally asleep by then or out with friends, mornings is a perfect opportunity they should split it to two different things then.

We are happy to take considerations for a different time! For those on the east coast, what is a time you would prefer? Saturday Morning Cartoons ran from 8:00am PST/11 am PST, but very few people on either coast could make it. Any feedback is welcome!

The trick is that it needs to be good for PST and EST. I think if you don’t have plans for a Saturday evening, then things start winding down by about 5 or 6pm. And 8pm or 9pm cartoons don’t seem too late for me on the East Coast. So, I’d toss out 530pm PST/830pm EST as a good time.

The time shift from morning would certainly be welcome. I loved Saturday Morning Cartoons as a kid, but these days I just have too much to do on Saturday mornings.

2 Likes

I second the 5/5:30 start time.

2 Likes

Who’s waiting until Saturday to watch the new Young Justice episodes? I’m trying to figure out if I should watch them now and rewatch with you all on Saturday, or if I should wait and wqtch them for the first time with you all. If people are mostly waiting, I’ll wait, but if people are watching them now, I might just do that.

3 Likes

@YoYoFroYo I personally did not wait to watch them. I’m going to watch them again for the WAL. These episodes have so much stuff packed in, a second watch is useful to keep track of what’s going on. And it’s fun to participate in the comments without fearing you’ll miss something you haven’t seen before.

2 Likes

The 8/11am time never worked because when it was starting I had left the house to do what I had to do and I never made it back in time. 10pm would work better for me but I’m a night owl, not everyone is.

1 Like

Both.

3 Likes