Scavenger Hunt! Week 1

Welcome one and all to the first grand edition of SCAVENGER HUNT! A weekly competition where I send you on a quest to scour the archives of DCU’s comic book library.

Every week, I will post SEVEN images, each from one issue of a comic somewhere on this service. You all have one week to correctly identify the issue they came from. No partial credit is awarded for just telling me the series - I want issue numbers, unless it’s a standalone comic. So, for instance, if you were hunting for the header image of this thread- which you aren’t- you’d tell me that it was from 52 #1, not just 52.

Whoever identifies the most comics correctly wins the game! Each of the seven images will be posted below.

Happy hunting!

12 Likes

IMAGE #1

2 Likes

IMAGE #2

IMG-8046.jpg

2 Likes

IMAGE #3

2 Likes

IMAGE #4

1 Like

IMAGE #5

2 Likes

IMAGE #6

2 Likes

IMAGE #7

2 Likes

Image #1 is from More Fun Comics #73, page #46, panel #1. Lol, was that specific enough? (Fun fact that nobody asked for: I actually recently found out that I’m related to Bernard Bailey, the artist for that part of the issue, and the co-creator of The Spectre)

3 Likes

Image #2, sorry

2 Likes

That is staggeringly correct!

2 Likes

#7 is from Young Justice (1999) #4 I believe.

2 Likes

Woops! 1998 not 1999.

2 Likes

That’s right!

1 Like

I shall bookmark this as I am way way too tired from a day’s work to dig in today. But I do recognize many of these…go Monarch go!!

1 Like

…hmm…Extant? we’ll see later

1 Like

#6 is Doom Patrol #8 by Paul Kupperberg and Erik Larsen 1987-

2 Likes

#5 is Zero Hour #2 By Dan Jurgens and Jerry Ordway 1994

2 Likes

Both correct!

1, 3, and 4 remain.

1 Like

#3 Wildcats Covert Action Teams #5

2 Likes