#SaveKrypton

@thehellotheredude could’ve sworn I posted something earlier today saying I tip my hat to the OP. It’s clearly there.

1 Like

Also, I don’t recall attacking the OP.

1 Like

Please don’t turn DCU into a service that is nothing more than a service that saves crappy failed shows.

2 Likes

Krypton is a great show would fit well here on DCU. And Warner Horizon is a tv production unit of ATT/Warner

7 Likes

@msgtv agreed!

2 Likes

I don’t have a problem with DCU picking up Krypton, provided it has salability beyond DCU. That would make it fiscal concern. If they pick it up, let it be because they have a external vendor willing to pay for distribution to absorb some of the costs. If they can make a good (not even great) business deal. Sure, pick it up. Otherwise pass.

In the end we know how the story turns out. As Sam Humphries has often said, there are 3 DC absolutes, one of which is Krypton always gets blown up.

4 Likes

Krypton deserves to be saved!!!

1 Like

#SaveKrypton is trending. :+1:

Hopefully the powers-that-be will take notice.

https://cosmicbook.news/save-krypton-trending-twitter

1 Like

Yeah it’s trending someone better be on it.

Yeah it’s trending someone better be on it.

@TheHelloThereDude
I didn’t think there was sufficient evidence at the time to warrant a community response or full on social media campaign. It was not my intent to offend or silence anyone, I was just filling in on my opinion. The fact that the show was in fact cancelled though doesn’t mean that NOW I owe an apology. I still think that at the time that I said the show probably wouldn’t be cancelled it seemed like it wouldn’t. My deepest apologies if I said anything that was offensive, but I stand by my opinion that at the time, it seemed like an overreaction.

1 Like

That aside, I would love to see Krypton continue on DC Universe. The show had a bright future :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m ok with Krypton getting picked up as long as it’s a good business deal to do so. If it is that’d be great,

What I don’t get is that it “needs” or “deserves” to be saved. If it’s substantial money loser, what does it “need” or “deserve” to be saved?

1 Like

At the time I posted my first response, this WAS both premature and paranoid, so I see no reason why an apology is necessary.

I ask for no apologies and I thank those who have supported me personally here.

@Desaad, I think it’s important to remember that the show wasn’t necessarily a money loser for Warner Bros. It may have been for Syfy, but the only revenue paths they had for the show were ad sales for the broadcasts, and whatever they get for ads attached to the limited streaming and On-demand showings they had rights to. The second season ratings weren’t strong enough to make it profitable FOR THEM. I might also point out that over a year went by between the end of S1 and the beginning of S2, which was crappy planning on their part because audience attention wanders these days.

Warner Horizon doesn’t have those limitations; they get ALL the money from international sales, syndication, etc., forever. Very different picture.

So far as my initial post being premature and paranoid, I strongly disagree. Any articles that talked about Krypton’s ratings said they were well below last year’s, and that the show was on the bubble at best. I personally feel that, if social media campaigns are to have any effect at all, it’s more likely to be before a final cancellation decision is made or announced. Trying to get a network to walk back what they’ve already said is nearly impossible. So I feel that my starting this thread was an attempt to be responsibly proactive, rather than waiting for the horse to escape and then closing the door.

#SaveKrypton

5 Likes

@markhb Very well said :clap:t3: excellent writing. Seems like you do your homework with your sources and reading. I also think it is messed up that they did not listen to your concerns and told you the opposite. You clearly remember last year the date of renewal and the ratings. I also believe you that this is a NBC/WB/DC Production, because this show is the FIRST loaned show DCU streaming has so they have to have some sort of connection.

1 Like

@markhb, no worries at all. You’re not the antagonist here.

Wish I could say different for some other posters here who will not be recognized or acknowledged

1 Like

I’m kind of iffy on DC Universe picking it up. I like the idea of saving a related show but I would prefer that money going to a brand new idea.

I would love to see DC Universe create that Lobo show. In addition, would anyone like to see the number of episodes for original shows be reduced to 6-9? That way they can save money or create different and more shows. Just something I’ve been thinking about.

3 Likes

I understand where you were coming from now @markhb. From the information that was given in your original post, I had assumed that your deduction that Krypton was being cancelled was simply because they did not immediately renew the show (which is partially influenced by the fact that there is a lot of doomsaying for tv shows in the Community nowadays i.e. Doom Patrol before it was renewed). I was not aware at the time that Krypton viewership was down so much, and may have had a different opinion if I had known so.

In any sense, none if it matters much now as the show was in fact cancelled. Again, I hope you know that my initial contrary opinion was not intended to be diminishing of your own, rather, it was just a statement of some conflicting evidence that I saw. Thanks for approaching this conversation objectively, and keeping it cool :slight_smile:

#SaveKrypton

3 Likes

I am 100% sure DC will pick it up.

1 Like