Save #SaveDCUStargirl

Because why not, such a shame we have to do yet another #SaveX, why must we DC fans have to suffer lol

4 Likes

I hate to be a downer but the deal is finalize i seriously doubt they will reconsider since the cw is already advertising season 02. And cw has a deal with netflix for digital streaming. For their dc shows

1 Like

It will go to HBOMax after the season 02 is done no more Netflix.

3 Likes

I dont think itll jump to HBO Max everyone is jumping on the Max bangwagon because DCU and Max are both owned by AT&T but CE and Netflix have a very long contract and deep relationship i seriously doubt they will terminate theur agreement over one show. But who knows i looked at HBO Max and as of right now and the rest of 2020 it isnt a strong DC shpot. But given they are advertising 5 new original dc shows for hbo max. Its possible cw might negotiate a deal with hbo max if they find it profitable

1 Like

Hollywood Reporter already confirmed this and Batwoman is already there.the contract is preexsiting contract shows.

2 Likes

i stand corrected. i just read a similer article on Stargirl not going to Netlfix like the other CW shows because technically Stargirl isnt a CW show CW bought the license to air it on their network. much like for season 2 it looks like they wont be filming it just airing the finish product which is a good sign considering many people are scared the quality will drop. also the move to HBO Max means international audience will most likely be able to see the show. right now Titans is on Netlfix internationally because DCU isnt available internationally. if AT&T moves titans to HBO Max they dont have to pay Netflix for international viewership.

1 Like

The deal with Netflix was for the existing CW shows at the time to air on Netflix. It’s also why Batwoman is on HBO Max instead of Netflix.

2 Likes

Anyone else think it’s silly that DC content isn’t actually DC content apparently lol.

2 Likes

After AT&T bought warner media they technically dont need netflix anymore time warner and cw were paying netflix because they couldnt afford to do their own digital stream. AT&T did a interview were they discuss the future of DC which basically is up in the air cause they only duscuss the CW shows

1 Like

We were made to suffer. It’s our lot in life. And C3PO thought his was a life of indignity.

2 Likes

My name is now irrelevant just like my life.

While yes, they didn’t have their own streaming service at the time, let’s not forget that it was also pretty profitable for them to start this deal with Netflix at that time. While i don’t believe the exact numbers were released, if we consider the deal encompassed all of the CW’s shows airing at the time and that it lasted five years, tells me it was a lot.

That’s it! I’m going to stop watching on CW in protest. Eh, probably not.

I think people forget AT&T bought time warner. And thats where all this crazy rumors keep coming up
Maybe AT&T had more plans for DC universe but the pandemic happen every company is making drastic cuts. AT&T is maybe thinking how can we cut costs. Paying netflix to stream their properties internationally is a cost now because AT&T has their own streaming service. We gotta wait till january 2021 and see how things play out

If youre a fan of stargirl i think you should still support the show the writers producers directors actors stunt team sfx team everyone work very hard on that show. If you like the show support it in any way you can i am a big fan of Lucifer and i was crushfox canceled it i didnt care where it went as long as i could see lucy again and see the story finish. Sure that ment paying $14.99 for 4k netflix but i love the show

2 Likes

It seems that Stargirl was saved by going to the CW. They probably wouldn’t be making a season 2 if it had to stay on DCU only. If you like that show, why wouldn’t you want to support it? Sort of like with indie movies and music, sometimes you have to go to where the content is.

1 Like

Netflix pays them to stream CW shows. Not the other way around.

They confirm it will be on HBOMax once the seasons wrap up. I will be there after this season.

1 Like

Netdlix pays to stream CW on Netflix