Save DCDaily

Seems to be a thing now thoughts?

10 Likes

It was a fun show, I liked the hosts a lot. But, at the end of the day, I can get pretty much all of that same information and news elsewhere; and I’ll follow the hosts and get their personalities from whatever they do next. Not a huge loss for me. I’m sure there was a lot going on behind the scenes between WB and RT and all that which are probably beyond resolving.

1 Like

Whaaat?! I think they need to make it DC Weekly, seriously, at least. I loved those hosts when I’d tune in, especially their recap of Harley Quinn recently. PLEASE LET THEM DO A HARLEY RECAP SHOW AT LEAST! :sob:

8 Likes

Weekly seems like a good thing.

9 Likes

The #SaveDCDaily movement has begun on Twitter, with many of the DC Daily cast in support! There does still seem to be a small chance to turn this around and save this show, so if you’re on board, please make your feelings known (politely) right now to the folks who can make this happen, such as HBO Max, AT&T, and DC Universe!

8 Likes

The show is awesome. And it they bring it back I’m 100% up for in any form.

8 Likes

Add my voice to the masses! I would be happy to see the show continue somehow. :+1:

6 Likes

I am for saving @DCDaily or for it to become DCWeekly!!! :fist:

6 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! I made a tweet using #SaveDCDaily & #DCWeekly haha

6 Likes

It’s sad because we’ve been listening to these pundits since this service began.

5 Likes

Here here! We need to save this show!

4 Likes

The DC Weekly idea could work once it’s safe enough to meet together again.

9 Likes

DC Weekly has a nice ring to it. It’s my workout content but I guess I’ll watch something else while I PUMP IRON ARGGGGGGG!!!

4 Likes

This is honestly kinda sad for me, this is what I listen to while I’m at work.

3 Likes

I think Covid has taken its toll on the show production. We all thought it was probably likely to stop when WB had put there halt in all shooting, but @DCDaily stepped up and figured out a way to make it work. Cali has been under shelter-in-place for 92 days.

I’m glad that DCDaily was able to continue on as long as it did. It was really quite impressive. And they are giving us and them a chance to wrap it up in a nice little bow as well.

I hope it eventually comes back in some form: daily, weekly, or interview and book club segments that get added to the service.

4 Likes

Save (insert show name here) campaigns don’t usually work, but I am all for it got nothing to lose.

One thing I have noticed is I am guessing at least a factor (although I can only speculate) was the fact the Zoom camera format they had no real choice but to adopt now lowered production a lot, and with movies halted from production and release, and the CW shows over and nothing in production, plus the comics not publishing for so long they had nothing to really promote for DC, which I am sure was part of the appeal to the show for DC and Warner Brothers.

But the state has given them permission to film again, and while I know getting the new guidelines in place will take some time. But it seems that if filming can resume they could rearange the seating in the studio (and possibly fewer host per episode) to sit far enough apart to resume in the studio which would up the production values.

Granted, good chance if it is cancelled the studio might have torn everything down, and obviously could be bigger issues behind the scenes. But seems at least from a standpoint of production and having things to talk about the corner might have been able to turn soon. So maybe…

5 Likes

The set itself was just a few flats. It was the set dressing that made up the set.

However, I’m wondering with the shooting restrictions being lifted, but more shows likely to shoot on soundstages and backlots where you have much greater control and contact tracing, than you would shooting on location.

I wonder if WB decided they wanted the set and production capacity for other, more important and profitable projects, like films, CW shows, etc etc???

2 Likes

Could be, but a weekly show would be great and weekly interview of actors, artists, editors and writers is needed.

6 Likes

I just don’t see why they don’t keep the show running. See as the hosts mostly came from Geek & Sundry, this format of show is their bread and butter. They should keep the show going with the same daily format. They already are passing us who signed up for DC Universe with this rotating library, and not putting out enough new content, now are getting rid of this excellent mouth peice for their content and products. They are actively sabotaging their platform. Also I need my daily doses of Whitney and Amy.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t mind a DC Daily: Rebirth or DC Daily: The Animated Series. I just miss the show and hope it returns at some capacity.

4 Likes