đź“şSATURDAY MORNING CARTOONSđź“ş The New Batman Adventures! Sat 2/02 @8amPT/11amET

Greetings, friends!

Have you heard the news? DC Universe is bringing even more animated awesomeness to the service! With THE NEW ADVENTURES OF BATMAN premiering February 1st, and THE BATMAN premiering February 8th, it seemed only fitting that we kick off an event we’ve been mindbrewing here at DC Universe for far too long.

Without further ado, we are excited to introduce our new event series, SATURDAY MORNING CARTOONS! Keep your eyes peeled every week for new announcements of animated goodness for all of us to enjoy together, every Saturday morning.

“How Do SATURDAY MORNING CARTOONS differ from the past Watch-Alongs?” We hear you screaming into the void. Here’s how:

:white_check_mark:They will always be on Saturday Mornings.
:white_check_mark:We will always be watching animated shows.
:white_check_mark:We will always pair our choices with a fine cereal.

:spoon:This Week’s Cereal Pairing Is…:spoon:
COUNT CHOCULA, because it’s dark like Batman’s soul.

For those who have joined a Watch-Along before, you know the drill! For those who haven’t joined a Watch-Along before, this is a great time to watch some 'toons and start the weekend off right. And if you’re the shy type, no problem! No need to chat if you’re not ready. :speak_no_evil: Just read along in the comments and enjoy being in the presence of fellow fans. You know what the say: “The community that geeks out together, stays together.”

:white_check_mark:THE DEETS​:white_check_mark:

Who: You, silly!

What: THE NEW BATMAN ADVENTURES, E01-04 Watch-Along. Do not skip the credits! Please allow each to play through naturally to allow us to stay on the same timecode.

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! But also, you’ll be watching THE NEW BATMAN ADVENTURES on another screen to make it easier. So there, too.

When: Saturday, February 2nd, @8am PST/11am EST.

Why: Because the community that geeks out together, stays together.

How: Great question- read below!

=========================
:point_down:RULES OF THE ROAD​:point_down:

If this is your first time, please read below to prepare yourself for how this will work.

Requirements and Recommendations for Participation:

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access THE NEW BATMAN ADVENTURES.

2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.

3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the strike of the hour.

ALSO! Because we’re watching multiple episodes, please do not skip the end credits, so we all remain on the same timecode.

1. A WRINKLE IN TIME – It is to be expected that some of us will be a bit behind or a bit ahead in the episode, depending on how quick on the draw each of us are. Forgive some discrepancy of reaction time.

2. CRISP, REFRESHING CHROME EXTENSIONS – If you’re having trouble keeping up with the comments (understandably), there are Chrome extensions out there that automatically refresh the page as often as you program it to. Worth a shot!

Grab yourself a big bowl, a box of COUNT CHOCULA, and prepare yourself for a sugar rush like you haven’t had since childhood! We simply cannot wait to meander down nostalgia lane with you all.

32 Likes

Not sure if I’ll make it, but will try! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

OMG I GREW UP WITH THE BATMAN!! Severely underrated show

2 Likes

They are finally coming! I can’t wait!

1 Like

:heavy_heart_exclamation:I love DCU

4 Likes

I love the idea of Saturday morning cartoons!

2 Likes

Yay New Batman Adventures! I am content

1 Like

I’m down for this! Can we input toy commercials for The New Batman Adventures from YouTube? Please? I’ll set the table for a week, swearsies!

3 Likes

*toy commercials for the Kenner The New Batman Adventures toys I meant to say :wink:

2 Likes

Cool additions and idea

2 Likes

@Vroom, haha great idea! Maybe that can be the pre or after show!

1 Like

Is Count Chocula available right now? It’s seasonal, right?

1 Like

DC Collectibles also made a fun commercial for their Batman Animated toys. “It’s Batman!”

1 Like

@Applejack here’s a taste…

https://youtu.be/sl6OPQzXyc0

2 Likes

Oh no, it’s seasonal??

Also hope to see you there @TX85, you are missed!

1 Like

Cute idea! I feel like I’m about to regain some lost childhood doing this! I’ll try to make it :smiley:

2 Likes

Look like I’ll make it if I wake up early! Applejack does it matter on what episode to watch first? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Nevermind, I’ve misread the part, my bad!

2 Likes

I wonder if we can modify the cereal? I’m game for Corn Pops or Golden Grahams.

It’s really too bad there aren’t any DC cereals out right now, because that would be faboo.

We could just gorge ourselves on Justice League honey graham cookies and Teen Titans Go fruit snacks. Wash it all down with a big glass of milk. Yay? Nay? Bueller? Is this the transport ship Lakul?

4 Likes

How about the Kids WB bumpers that featured stars from The WB? The guy that played Nick Freno would say “Now back to Superman: The Animated Series on Kids WB!” and Sean and Marlon Wayans were there, etc.

5 Likes