đŸ“șSATURDAY MORNING CARTOONSđŸ“ș The Batman! Saturday, Feb 9th @8am PT/11am ET

Greetings, friends!

This week, DC Universe will be bringing THE BATMAN to our illustrious platform! And to celebrate, we will be kicking off our second installment in the new event series, SATURDAY MORNING CARTOONS, hosted by the illustrious @KittyKrawler! Tune in this Saturday, February 9th @8am PT/11am ET to revisit the joys of childhood.

Keep your eyes peeled every week for new announcements of animated goodness for all of us to enjoy together, every Saturday morning.

“How Do SATURDAY MORNING CARTOONS differ from the past Watch-Alongs?” We hear you screaming into the void. Here’s how:

:white_check_mark:They will always be on Saturday Mornings.

:white_check_mark:We will always be watching animated shows.

:white_check_mark:We will always pair our choices with a fine cereal.

:spoon:This Week’s Cereal Pairing Is
:spoon:
POPS, painstakingly selected for its classic Saturday morning je ne c’est quoi by your host, @KittyKrawler.

For those who have joined a Watch-Along before, you know the drill! For those who haven’t joined a Watch-Along before, this is a great time to watch some ‘toons and start the weekend off right.

:white_check_mark:THE D EETS​:white_check_mark:

Who: You, silly!

What: THE BATMAN, E01-04. Do not skip the credits! Please allow each to play through naturally to allow us to stay on the same timecode.

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! But also, you’ll be watching THE BATMAN on another screen to make it easier. So there, too.

When: Saturday, February 9th, @8am PST/11am EST.

Why: Because the community that geeks out together, stays together.

How: Great question- read below!

=========================

:point_down:RULES OF THE ROAD​:point_down:

If this is your first time, please read below to prepare yourself for how this will work.

Requirements and Recommendations for Participation:

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access THE BATMAN.

2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.

3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the strike of the hour.

ALSO! Because we’re watching multiple episodes, please do not skip the end credits, so we all remain on the same timecode.

1. A WRINKLE IN TIME – It is to be expected that some of us will be a bit behind or a bit ahead in the episode, depending on how quick on the draw each of us are. Forgive some discrepancy of reaction time.

2. CRISP, REFRESHING CHROME EXTENSIONS – If you’re having trouble keeping up with the comments (understandably), there are Chrome extensions out there that automatically refresh the page as often as you program it to. Worth a shot!

Grab yourself a big bowl, a box of POPS, and prepare yourself for a sugar rush like you haven’t had since childhood! We simply cannot wait to meander down nostalgia lane with you all.

18 Likes

Put on your onesies and grab your favorite cereal folks! Come watch the big bad bat with Applejack!

3 Likes

Penguin first line,“Make way, Make way for Oswald Copplepotts!” :penguin:Love that line!

1 Like

I’ll be there. With toy commercials for The Batman too!

The timing of this is schway as I’m in need of a new box of Corn Pops.

3 Likes

I cannot wait! I will be watching all 4 episodes this week. Last week I could only watch 3 episodes.

2 Likes

Less than 2 days left!

2 Likes

Pickin’ up mah Pops today!

2 Likes

I’ve advocated kindly for The Batman since day 1. Saw it on news thread yesterday. Thank u sincerely. Finally get to see my favorite Catwoman depiction voiced by Gershon, Adam West as Mayor, Ming Ya Wen as Ellen Yin etc. great show. Batgirl is at her funniest & finest along with Ivy. From childhood friends to enemies. Great ride.

2 Likes

Yay Saturday Morning Cartoons! I’ll be able to catch the first couple episodes.

2 Likes

Awesome! Glad to hear it, JL! :smile:

2 Likes

This is why dc rules . they want to hang out with us fans like friends . I don’t see Disney/Marvel doing that . it’s not always about the money People . (it’s about family and friend) . be safe out there

5 Likes

Yay for Corn Pops!

Damn, I got bowling at 9. That blows

Unfortunately I won’t be able to join all of you in this but I will be there in spirit because I loved the Saturday morning ritual, from 6am to 11am. Best moments of my life. Love the DC community.

1 Like

Can’t wait

Picking up my Corn Pops tomorrow afternoon. SUPER underrated breakfast cereal.

Lookin’ forward to Batman & Corn Pops with you guys! :smile::bowl_with_spoon:

5 Likes

Corn Pops definitely underrated. Ice cream cone cereal was amazing now it’s gone. My Saturday morning go to was Waffelos had a prospector as mascot, gone now. Could always go for Fruit Brute too.

1 Like

Gotta have my pops

2 Likes

Haha

1 Like