đŸ“șSaturday Morning CartoonsđŸ“ș SUPER FRIENDS! March 16th @8am PT/11am ET

Greetings, Friends!

This weekend on SATURDAY MORNING CARTOONS, we’ll be hanging with the people that are not just our friends
 they’re our SUPER FRIENDS! We’ve painstakingly selected 4 of the best episodes, landing right in Season 9, Episodes 1-4.

Of course, To truly enjoy Saturday Morning Cartoons, we all know it must be paired with a fine cereal.

:spoon:This Week’s Cereal Pairing Is
:spoon:

LUCKY CHARMS! :heart::star::carousel_horse::shamrock::last_quarter_moon_with_face::hourglass_flowing_sand::rainbow: :balloon:This cereal has won by a landslide, and is the perfect complement to all the many characters of SUPER FRIENDS! Special thanks to Vroom’s masterful poll-running skills, which determined this week’s victor.

:white_check_mark:THE DEETS​:white_check_mark:
For those who have joined a Watch-Along before, you know the drill. For those who haven’t joined a Watch-Along before, this is a great time to watch some ‘toons and start the weekend off right.

Who: You, silly!

What: SUPER FRIENDS S9:E1-4. Do not skip the credits! Please allow each to play through naturally to allow us to stay on the same timecode.

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! But also, you’ll be watching SUPER FRIENDS on another screen to make it easier. So there, too.

When: Saturday, March 16th @8am PST/11am EST.

Why: Because the community that geeks out together, stays together.

How: Great question- read below!

=========================

:point_down:RULES OF THE ROAD​:point_down:

If this is your first time, please read below to prepare yourself for how this will work.

Requirements and Recommendations for Participation:

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access SUPER FRIENDS.

2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.

3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the strike of the hour.

ALSO! Because we’re watching multiple episodes, please do not skip the end credits, so we all remain on the same timecode.

1. A WRINKLE IN TIME – It is to be expected that some of us will be a bit behind or a bit ahead in the episode, depending on how quick on the draw each of us are. Forgive some discrepancy of reaction time.

2. CRISP, REFRESHING CHROME EXTENSIONS – If you’re having trouble keeping up with the comments (understandably), there are Chrome extensions out there that automatically refresh the page as often as you program it to. Worth a shot!

Grab yourself a big bowl, a box of LUCKY CHARMS, and prepare yourself for adventure!

6 Likes

:grinning: Now THIS is the Saturday morning I grew up watching! Can’t wait.

3 Likes

Sounds great! Sucks I have to work!

1 Like

The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians are in the hizzoose! My all time favorite team based DC show.

I should pull out some Super Powers comics and read along with the televised and cereal oriented excitement.

5 Likes

AWESOME line up and cereal choice! It’ll be so great to once again hear, “MEANWHILE
”

2 Likes

@Purpleguy23 not to burst your bubble, but Ted Knight was no longer part of Super Friends by the time it morphed into the Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians.

I think his run ended around season 7, before the Super Powers comic and toy elements began to be introduced in season 8.

2 Likes

I hope to see you all bright and early for some Super Friends!

3 Likes

Early is right. The time zone changes don’t affect me, except in this case. Instead of 9 my time, it’s 8, since Cali and AZ are now on the same time.

3 Likes

Ahah ah! That makes it 10a my time :joy: I have however learned how to rearrange my day to make it work :wink: cause, well
 you all are my Super Friends are definitely worth it! :hugs:

3 Likes

Here are a couple commercials for the Kenner Super Powers Collection toyline. This is relevant to this week’s WAL as this toyline (and the accompanying Super Powers comic book series from DC, of which there are three series) had a large effect on Super Friends season 8 and especially season 9 and it’s new title of “The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians”.

The character designs in season 9 bear a resemblance to the toys seen in these ads and that’s entirely by design. Gotta hook the kiddos one way or another :slight_smile:

#1: https://youtu.be/W-tOGEphhyw

#2. https://youtu.be/j3U_-gBqTxI

4 Likes

Good Morning everybody! Who’s ready to see Batman and Superman being a real pals on Superfriends? :grinning:

2 Likes

Gooood Morning, super friends! We’re on in 30!

1 Like

Hard part is always getting out of bed on Saturday morning! LOL!!!:laughing:

2 Likes

Morning friends =)

3 Likes

Heya Vroom and Reagan!

Good Morning Vroom and KittyKrawler! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The trick is to have it ready to go and reachable from bed, Reagan! :wink:

2 Likes

I’ll agree with Kitty on that one. In some instances I would say “couch” instead of “bed”.

2 Likes

The couch works just as fine! Whatever saves you from having to do too much more than open your eyes!

2 Likes

20 minutes 'til Super Friends!