Saturday, June 20th: Tim Burton Batman BINGO! Double Feature Watch-Along | Batman & Batman Returns @12PM PT/ 3PM ET

Saturday, June 20th: Tim Burton Batman BINGO! Double Feature Watch-Along | Batman & Batman Returns @12PM PT/ 3PM ET

myCollageImage

Come celebrate the return of two of Tim Burton’s Batman masterpieces: Batman (1989) and Batman Returns! We couldn’t let these movies return to the service without any fanfare and what better fanfare than a DOUBLE FEATURE WATCH-ALONG! Nothing can top that, right?

Well, what about a Double Feature Watch-Along WITH a special, one-time-only, Burton Batman BINGO, complete with an exclusive Burton Batman online badge! :batman_hv_4:

Keep reading for all of the details!

:white_check_mark:THE DEETS​:white_check_mark:
Who: You, silly!

What: Batman (1989) and Batman Returns

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! But also, you’ll be watching Batman and Batman Returns on a big screen. So there, too.

When: Saturday, June 20th

Batman (1989): starts at 12PM PT/ 3PM ET

Batman Returns: starts at 2:30 PM PT/ 5:30PM ET

Why: Because the community that geeks out together, stays together.

How: Great question- read below!

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access both Burton Batman movies.

2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.

3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the stroke of the hour.

4. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, if it’s 2:15 pm PT, then we are 15 minutes into the show. Or, just check with us in the comments and we’ll happily let you know what we’re watching.

We’re so excited to hang out in the proverbial living room with you all and watch the events of these character-studded shows unfold!

19 Likes

This is going to be fun.

5 Likes

Omg this looks so fun!! Not sure if I’m going to be around but I hope so, haha.

5 Likes

I hope I don’t forget! I like collecting badges. Darn you Pokemon for getting me hooked.

7 Likes

Batphone rings
Alfred: I’ll summon him.
Reaganfan78: Yes @moderators?
Moderators: It’s Joker, Penguin and Catwoman again!
Reaganfan78: I’ll be there. To the Batpole! :batman_hv_1:

Edit: I can’t wait! You know how much I love watching these 2 films!:grinning:

8 Likes

I can’t wait! Both these movies are part of my favorite live-action films!

4 Likes

I will definitely try to make it for this!

4 Likes

An exclusive badge, you say? Oh, I’m in.

5 Likes

I was thinking, after I’m done watching the first two with you guy, I’m going to watch the last two on my DVD. Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. :grinning:

6 Likes

I joined in last night for my first watch along: “Batman Forever 25th Anniversary Watch Along,” that was a lot of fun. Hopefully I’ll be available on Sat for the double feature. They’re my prefered Batman movies.

5 Likes
6 Likes

I’d like to show up. Might only have time for one.

5 Likes

ooks like ill be joinng at 3 ny time

3 Likes

Let’s broaden our minds!

7 Likes

rubs chin in thought

Well, I don’t know…

rubs chin again

Maybe…

crosses arms, still thinking

Ah heck, why not?

reserves a seat

Bingo’s not my jam, but comraderie, food and good movies are always of great interest to me.

On that note, will snacks be served? I could totally go for some of the Batman cereal right now. Maybe the Batman Returns cereal too.

Should Batmans Forever & Robin return and be in a double feature WAL, I would be in the mood for McDonald’s and Taco Bell, respectively.

4 Likes

:heart_eyes: This is one of my favorite moments! Also, love that they have a pink toolbox :smile:

4 Likes

IDK if I’ll be able to make both, but I will certainly try

4 Likes

I’ve been watching the movie for 30 years now and I have NEVER noticed that before!

4 Likes

Also this is required preshow viewing (from the original VHS release!)

7 Likes

Honestly, I don’t really remember if I saw it before or not :smile: I watched it all the time as a kid, but it’s been years since I saw it. Another reason I love rewatching cause I pick up so many new things

4 Likes