SAT EVENING CARTOONS YOUNG JUSTICE: OUTSIDERS EP 13-16 7/6 @7:30PM PT/10:30PM ET

Ladies and Gentleman, may I have your attention, please!

We are starting this week with another big announcement, which I’m sure at least a few of you’ve read about already. We’re going to be making a little change to the usual Saturday animation fun.

:sparkles:!𝖙𝖍𝖌𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖙 𝖓𝖗𝖚𝖙 𝖌𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖗𝖔𝕸:sparkles:

That’s better! I am very happy to announce that our usual production will be changing times to 7:30 pm PST.

We’re returning once again the world of Young Justice: Outsiders, with this week’s brand new episodes! We’ll start with the mid-season finale from the first half of season 3, before launching right into the three premiere episodes.

And with that, let’s discuss snacks. Do you know the only thing better than a nice bowl of cereal in the morning, my dear audience?

Cereal for dinner of course!

:spoon:This Week’s Cereal Pairing Is…:spoon:

𝐎𝐫𝐞𝐨 𝐎’𝐬 – A fitting choice for our first nightly cartoon Watch-Along, if you ask me.

For those who have joined a Watch-Along before, you know the drill! And to anyone who hasn’t been to one of these productions just yet, this is a gre at time to watch some ‘toons and unwind after a long day of weekend fun. If you’re the shy type, no problem! No need to chat if you’re not ready. :speak_no_evil: Just read along in the comments and enjoy being in the presence of fellow fans.

After all, what was the old prophecy Constantine used to say? Oh yes! “The community that geeks out together, stays together.”

:white_check_mark:SHOW INFORMATION​:white_check_mark:

Who: You, my wonderful audience.

What: Young Justice, Season 2 Episode 13-16 Watch-Along. This will include the following episodes:

Season 2, Episode 13: True Heroes

Season 2, Episode 14: Influence

Season 2, Episode 15: Leverage

Season 2, Episode 16: Illusion of Control

Remember: Watch everything, skip nothing! Watch the intro,s and no skipping the credits! Please allow each to play through naturally, or you might end up getting lost in time. I can’t guarantee the safety of anyone who ends up floating in the timestream – that’s tricky magic indeed.

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone? But also, you’ll be watching Young Justice on another screen to make it easier. So be sure to practice those duplication spells.

When: Saturday, July 6th, @7:30 pm PST/10:30 pm EST.

Why: Because the show must go on!

How: Great question- read below!

:point_down:RULES OF THE ROAD​:point_down:

If this is your first time, please read below to prepare yourself for how this will work.
Requirements and Recommendations for Participation:

1. YOU NEED A TICKET SEE A SHOW – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access Young Justice: Outsiders.

2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.

3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the strike of the hour.

ALSO! Because we’re watching multiple episodes, please do not skip the opening or end credits, so we all remain in the same timeline.

1. A WRINKLE IN TIME – There might be some flux in where people enter the timestream, so please be patient if someone seems a few seconds off in their reactions. It’s perfectly normal (Or so I’ve been told).

Grab yourself a big bowl, a box of Oreo O’s, and prepare yourself for an evening of fun!

Let the show begin!

6 Likes

And, as we launch into planning another week of animated fun, I wanted to ask you lovely people for a bit of input about the future of weekend events. A little birdie let me know that some of you might not be able to attend a 10:30 PM ET show, and we’re certainly open to new suggestions.

So, I have two important things to ask:

1. What time works best for you, my dear audience? Feel free to discuss schedules and hours. We want to hear back and continue to work to ensure that as many members of our community are able to attend as possible.

2. What should we call these new events? Do you refer the Saturday Evening Cartoons or Saturday Night Cartoons? Let us know which one you prefer in the comments below!

3 Likes

Someone must have added some chaos magick to the main post. It says Season 2 but I believe you meant Season 3~

2 Likes

Zee my friend, I always see a group of question marks when you post what the cereal is. So, for clarity’s sake what’s for dinner again? Please and thanks :slight_smile:

Question the first: 7:30 PT seems a bit late for the east coast folks (10:30 their time). I maintain a 5:00 PT start would be a good sweet spot for everyone, regardless of time zone.

Question Le Dos: How about “DCU Saturday Animation Station” or just “Saturday Animation Station” for names?

3 Likes

We used to do a breakfast for dinner in my family once a week when I was little. It wasn’t usually cereal, but we’d have crepes or pancakes or breakfast burritos or something. It was a pretty crash tradition, so I’m glad to come back to it.

3 Likes

Update: I re-read the OP and saw that Oreo-O’s are the cereal of choice. Never had 'em, but they sound neato.

2 Likes

@Vroom don’t do it! It’s all about that Reese’s Puffs yo!
I know what your thinking
*Reese’s for breakfast?"
No Reese’s Puff Cereal old man! Check it out!

2 Likes

@Aquamon Reese’s Puffs are tasty for sure, but my peanut butter and chocolate cereal jam right now is Peanut Butter and Chocolate Corn Pops.

When you pop open the bag and get that first face full of aromatic PB&C scented bliss, it’s heavenly.

thinks his “Oreo-O’s” for Saturday may in fact be another box of PB&C CP

3 Likes

As a potential first-time watchalong tuner-inner (“potential” because I’ve got stuff going on this weekend that isn’t going on most weekends; I’m in for next week in any case), this time is actually ideal for me. Specifically, my availability would be a lot more inconsistent before seven (I’m usually free, but if I do have something going on, it would probably be wrapped up by then) and I wouldn’t want to start watching after eleven. I move between Eastern, Pacific, and Central a lot, so this is the only time that fits that window no matter where I am.

3 Likes

It must have been Klarion the Witch Boy, @iJest! He’s always looking to spread chaos and confusion. You’re very right, this is season 3, pardon the little flub. :slight_smile:

@fansumtheory.16165 here is making me want to add a second bowl of cereal. It is dinner, right? We have to make it a complete meal!

5 Likes

@Zatanna, you know you want a bowl of Reese’s Puffs!
Also 10:30 works for me this week. It may change come August but for the summer count me in!

1 Like

Stocked up on two boxes of sugar, and there’s just over 48 hours to go.

C’mon sugar!

2 Likes

Oh. Saturday Morning Cartoons on my own again… Hmmph. I refuse to let SMC become a thing of yesteryear :woman_superhero: Have a Super Time Everyone! Not sure I will be around tonight. :hugs: Guess we will have to wait & see :hugs:

:hourglass_flowing_sand: Times, oh yes, be helpful Toonatonian, offer solutions, not problems. :sunglasses: I’m a sucker for childhood like reminiscing… 9am central would be superb on a Saturday. I have totally been able to adjust & make it to the standard (old standard, already, I s’pose) 10a central time WatchaLong as well. Not sure how mods are paid for live viewing moderating. But… When WarnerMedia cashes those BIG checks maybe, host multiple time slots on the same day, & collect the data & analyze results for future WAL with superb interactions & the highest impact for a ripple effect towards positive exposure beyond the DCU. Just a :thought_balloon:

boops thread back to the top 2 hours and 10 mins to go~

1 Like

@iJest
Can’t wait for this! It’s going to be a blast :smiley:

1 Like

You’ve got that right, @YoYoFroYo! :smiley:

1 Like

"is it time yet?

7IaW.gif

1 Like

Not quite, AquamonC137! But we’ll start the countdown here in just a few minutes. :smiley:

2 Likes

And on that note! It’s just 30 minutes until the fun begins!

1 Like