Saddest Death Scenes in DC Comics

Please post sad death scenes from DC Comics’ comics on this thread. All names and photos must be blurred because spoilers suck lol

6 Likes

7 Likes

Granted both these are more about the reactions than the actual death.

Other ones that come to mind are Hawkman, Hawkwoman, Alfred, Atom Smasher, and Stargirl’s nameless step-brother (we barely knew ye),

9 Likes

yeah

4 Likes

Here’s a few that came to mind.

I know that those last two shouldn’t really count since they both came back to life, but I feel like they still make for some pretty sad death scenes.

13 Likes

I would say Superman, :point_up:
Here’s a sad death scene from The Batman Adventures #27, The death of Tom Dalton’s wife…

In revenge, Dalton would dress as Batman.

6 Likes

The one that comes to mind that hasn’t been mentioned yet is Damian Wayne’s death in Batman Incorporated:

12 Likes

Ok, I know this is not DC, but I say it counts because of the wording of this thread

10 Likes

This scene always gets me

5 Likes

1780079876_a64627de28_o

13 Likes

stephanie brown’s ‘death’ also the implication that they orginally planned to have dr. thompkins MURDER robin

6 Likes

If we got rid of all the deaths of characters who come back to life, there’s only like two or three left. :slight_smile:
Here’s Stephanie Brown, Batman #633

8 Likes

Let’s see. Skyman, The Atom I, Dr. Mid-Nite I, Damage, Commander Steel. Mr. America IThis text will be blurred I think these guys are all dead.

5 Likes

RIP Uno :pray:t4:JLA #41

6 Likes

please start blurring names and photos

4 Likes

Fixed! But isn’t this whole thread technically spoilers? Spoiler Warning in Title Maybe? :thinking:

5 Likes

Death articles are normally exempt, since it is a given they are discussing spoilers.

5 Likes
7 Likes

Terra’s final stand. (The Judas Contract pt 4; Tales Of The Teen Titans Annual #3, July 1984)

The Teen Titans animated series takes this already compelling bittersweet saga to an even more amazing place within the show’s storyline.

Marv Wolfman and George Perez truly crafted an amazing story around Terra that has stood the test of time and will continue to capture the hearts of comic fans for years to come.

:cry: :00_teen_titans:

6 Likes

The off screen “death” of Solomon Grundy in the JLU episode “Wake The Dead”. Your heart cries out as much for Hawkgirl as it does for the tragic “marsh monster”.

9 Likes