S3 E20 Young Justice - Quiet Conversations

Can we take a moment to acknowledge the random and frankly unexpected turn of event at the end where they show Calder kiss his boyfriend? Not once in 2 previous season or the beginning of the 3rd did they mention his orientation or even hint at his lover. Im so confused :sob:

7 Likes

Wow so I seriously do enjoy the new season but my lord I feel like the pacing and the characters they choose to focus on are all over the place. Are we just gonna brush over the fact Kaldur has a boyfriend Iā€™d really like to see that developed or spoken about at least. I did not see that coming considering he most often spoke fondly of Tula in the past.

This has been my favorite episode of the season so far. The epusode was a bit all over the place, but it had everything a good episode needed.

-Victor and Silus making up to each other and loving again.
-Victor actually being important to an episode
-Violetā€™s touching moment as Gabrielle with her family.
-Superboy asking Superman to be his best man.
-Harper finally getting closure, surely leading to her becoming Bluebird.
-Dolphin finding a home.
-And the biggest one for me, Kaldur FINALLY being confirmed as gay. I was honestly concerned that they were going to make him straight and in love with Dolphin in this episode, but it was a false alarm.

1 Like

I love how this series continues to discuss difficult and scary conversations. When Harper finally tells Mā€™gann she is being abused by her father and Violet tells Gabrielleā€™s family what happened to Gabrielle I cried. Young Justice continues to amaze me how they continue to intertwine real life into this fictional world through the storytelling.

1 Like

So who is his boyfriend supposed to be? He looks like Garth as a bear? (Orca)?

And the meta girl is dolphin?

I think Kaldur is bi and Iā€™m very happy to see it. Megan and harperā€™s storyline tackled domestic abuse and signs to spot. Violet tackled closure and grief. Victorā€™s was reconciliation and healing. Tara seemed happy that everyone was happy and Iā€™m looking forward to Brion next episode. They tried to pack a lot into one episode which gave it weird pacing but each storyline was very important and seemed to need each other to happen so they could properly isolate each party.

1 Like

When Young Justice was under Cartoon Network, the showrunners werenā€™t even allowed to hint at a character being anything other than straight. In season 1, they wanted Kaldur to have an interest in Garth, but CN forced them to give him a crush on Tula instead. Plus, because 3 years have passed between seasons 2 and 3, thereā€™s a lot that we havenā€™t seen. Kaldur and Garthā€™s romance is much better than Clone-boy and Cheshire suddenly being married and having a child together.

2 Likes

Im hoping they put in Bwana Beast or creeper now

1 Like

@jessicapaone, Clone-boy! :scream::cry: As a clone myself I find that term very offensive.

411mUsT4W5L.SX425.jpg

1 Like

That episode was great. We saw the source wall which was wild. That compilation at the end was a little out of place but whatever. But most importantly there is one major question that was not answered: whereā€™s Dick?

2 Likes

It felt like they just figured ā€œheā€™s gay in the Rebirth series, we should probably address thatā€ and then just randomly threw it in because they were focusing on too many characters that they couldnā€™t build up towards it properly.

I donā€™t get why so many folks are upset that it wasnā€™t built up. ā€œClone-boyā€ & Cheshire having a kid was just dropped and we have gleaned backstory about over the end of S2 and into S3.

Iā€™m guessing they will do the same with this.

1 Like

Not only did the last season confirm Kaldur to be Bi and happy in a relationship, finally, after losing his beloved Tula. But, they also included Bart Allen(Kid Flash II) and El Dorado(teleport guy) as a couple. I really liked how they were included very clearly but still not in your face. I think it was done very well. Although, I would have loved to see more of them, it was good to see clearly included. I will admit, I do not squeal. But, I almost did when I saw Wyynde kiss Kaldur the first time.