Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern

What exactly did people not like about ryan Reynolds green lantern? Was it just because ryan was hal Jordan after his debut in just friends? Was it the plot? I’m watching it again for the second time in my life via vudu and regardless of its age it looks great, some of the best cgi I have ever seen.

So far my only issue is minor with soundtrack and editing, also the first 25 min could be taken out.

Movie so far is 9/10 and a 10/10 for a DC live action movie.

What’s everyone’s opinions now and when they first saw it, have you changed how you feel?

8 Likes

i watched it the other day again after loading it up on to my vudu account. i have the extended version and the movie is not at bad as people say but the CGI is dated, the Digital suit is horrible. i personally think a real suit would have been better. the movie to me is not a 9 out of 10 but i would give it a 5 out of ten. its a fun movie with out being super campy like other Past DC films like Batman and Robin.

2 Likes

It’s really not that bad of a movie. Does it have its issues? Certainly. I think the positive outweighs the bad by alot though.

I saw it twice when it came out. I think Reynolds was fine. Mark Strong was the best casting along with Angela Bassett as Amanda Waller.

My major issue was not keeping Hal in space for the rest of the movie once he became a GL. Having him come back to Earth felt like a “The audiences know Earth. They don’t know these other places so just have him be on Earth.” decision. Look to Green Lantern; The Animated Series for how to do this with 100% success.

Is the movie free on Vudu right now? I think Superman Returns still is.

3 Likes

CGI…
Why would you CGI the suit?

Deadpool shot Ryan Reynolds before he could make Green Lantern when he went back in time…
Yep it was that bad lmao

1 Like

I stopped caring about the movie halfway in, I mean the man has the power to create anything he can think of and he chooses a race car. Deadpool was right to stop that abomination from being made

3 Likes

I think everyone has great feedback about the film I also watched the extended version. And casting. Comic accuracy was great. It’s funny a lot of people complained about the CGI suite when 90% of the avengers use CGI suits maybe it was as that it was glowing but other than the muscular detail I actually think the suit looked good glowing.

4 Likes

I remember when the news came out that his suit would be CGI and I thought “Why?” There’s no reason a physical human GL suit couldn’t have been designed and utilized.

I hope Green Lantern Corps uses physical costumes where applicable.

I also think it’s kind of a **** move for Reynolds to make fun of this movie. It did introduce him to his current wide afterall.

6 Likes

*wife

2 Likes

Yeah but it was terrible! Lmao, I preferred the first Deadpool GL joke when he asked em not to give him a CGI costume lmao

1 Like

I really didn’t think it was that bad either. I was not a fan of the way the suit looked, but overall a decent, fun movie I thought.

2 Likes

It wasnt bad. I liked it. Sinestro looked cool. The only complaints I heard was for the cg. You saw Supes in Justice League. Idk. But I thought GL was pretty good in that regard.

1 Like

I really enjoy it, ever since I was a kid watching Super friends, I’ve been a fan of Green Lantern. As years when by I didn’t think it was possible for Green Lantern to be in live action film. When I saw it I was amazed by the special effect and was hoping for a sequel and sadly that didn’t happen. I’ll be honest to say that I was disappointed that Green Lantern wasn’t in the Justice League. I thought he should’ve been in the movie as much as anybody. True Green Lantern Corps made a cameo, but that doesn’t count.

2 Likes

Reganfan I fully agree GL not in JL what a misstep 2011 GL was way better than 2017(?) JL

2 Likes

I liked Sinestro and Hector Hammond. I haven’t seen it in a while so I don’t remember everything I didn’t like about it, just that it should have spend its time in space, not earth. First Flight was better, as was Emerald Knights and GLTAS. The barrage of negativity was unfortunate and definitely did its damage to the character’s mainstream viability in the short-term. Franchises take time to develop and sometimes the sequel is superior to the first one. With the success of Aquaman, I’m sure Green Lantern will get another chance, even though it will be a reboot.

The one thing we all (mostly) agree on: the movie should have firmly stayed in space once Hal left Earth.

4 Likes

I would like to see Mark Strong’s Sinestro in a Justice League film.

2 Likes

Yes Vroom. Why put an intergalactic hero back on earth?:sleeping:

1 Like

That might be a first: Same actor playing a different iteration of a character they previously played in a movie set in a different continuity.

Strong is Sinestro so I’d be happy with that. He probably would too.

2 Likes

Actually now that I remember, I think my favorite part was with Abin Sur and Parallax at the beginning. I wanted a whole movie of Abin Sur.

Acutually Vroom I think Mark Hamill may have been the first as the Trickster in the 90s Flash, JLU, and current Flash.
J. K. Simmons said he would have for J. Jonah Jameson. Maybe one day we’ll see other actors break the time/space continuum that is film continuity.

2 Likes