🔴⚪️RWBY/Justice League Movie Discussion Thread⚫️🟡

It looks to be selling well at my Walmart.

2 Likes

Finally saw it good movie.

As a fan of both really cool crossover. The explained both worlds well with more focus on RWBY’s world as more will know the JL over them.

The league was great. Nice moments back as kids messing there with head. Cool how they adapted their power and weapons to the world. The trinity has a nice focus. Also Jessica Cruz had great standout moments too. The others played their parts too less focus but still cool.

Team RWBY and the rest were nice too. Cool how they were effected with the time distortion. And nice moments with them and the league.

The Villain being Kilgore was a cool and unique choice. As for the mystery Ruby villain he said he so I think Roman or Watts.

Overall a great action packed crossover that I think anyone can jump in and get without understanding either side. Looking forward to part 2.

1 Like

Also another Clip

1 Like

I enjoyed it and I am ready for part II. I do wonder since part I was in the RWBY world and in the RWBY animation style if part II will be in the DC world and in DCAU style of animation.

3 Likes

I definitely think part two will be more in dc world but not sure if they’ll change the animation as the flashbacks were in RWBY style but who knows. Would’ve cool to see RWBY in that style.

1 Like

This clip shows Superman revealing his secret identity immediately, upon someone making fun of his name. And it shows Wonder Woman grabbing someone’s loose gun and pointing it at them. And then she drops it because someone else has a weapon aimed at her,
('cuz what chance could Wonder Woman have against a firearm)?

Are they thinking this is the same audience as Super Hero Girls, where you assume no one familiar with the characters’ history is watching, so anything goes, as long as it fills up 75 minutes?

2 Likes

In the film their heads are messed with to blend in this world as well as being teenagers so they’re not really in the right state of mind also there powers are affected as well which may lead to those unfamiliar decisions.

2 Likes

Pt1 on max 7/24/23

Pt2 out this fall
First look

2 Likes

So excited!

2 Likes

I’ve been watching bits and pieces of this when I end up eating a quick meal alone and it’s been interesting, having no real knowledge of RWBY’s world. I do like the voice actors, although some of them (e.g. Cyborg and Flash, at least through the first 40 or so minutes of the film) feel far more like tropes, and poorly drawn ones at that, than they do act and talk as fully defined characters. Even without knowing much about some of the RWBY charactes, at this point, about midway through, while I couldn’t tell your names if you held a gun to my head, I can safely feel that I can say character A (the one who spoke most with Superman/Clark and has the reddish brown (?) hair and the dark outfit, and the character with the cat ears) have clear and identifiable (if limited) character delineations.

But overall, the voice work seems strong, the story seems interesting enough and intriguing enough but I am frankly annoyed that it is a two parter and will probably wait closer to the release of the second part before I commit to more.

I’m glad to see people are discussing some WB/DC Animation, however!

1 Like

Pt1 available on max now.

Pt2 trailer

Looks awesome™:+1:. Definitely crazier with the action. Also seem Troy Baker is back as Batman. Pretty cool. Still weird seeing the JL in RWBY’s animation style.

The release date for pt 2

1 Like

I thought some of the animation on part 1 - particularly the aerial battle - was worthy of a big screen release.

There’s too much angst in it for my taste and I have no great interest in the RWBY world. However, I was glad it attempted more than just a series of slug-fests, and some of the quiet scenes crossing over the two teams were fairly good

2 Likes

A big screen release would have ruined it. It is much easier to make a great movie now in the DTV format.

2 Likes

New Clip for pt 2

1 Like

Extended preview for pt2

Recently caught the first movie. Liked it a lot! Can’t wait to see the second one! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Glad you liked it! I need to get on this as well

2 Likes

Behind the scenes