Ruining Nightwing

There is not other way to look at it. They ruined Nightwing. Period.

3 Likes

There is not other way to look at it. They ruined Nightwing. Period.

2 Likes

Nightwing has been pretty awesome the past few months

My thinking is that their waiting for Dick to become Nightwing on Titans before bringing him back in the books.

1 Like

I agree ric needs to go away

1 Like

I think the idea of a group of heroes adopting the mantle of Nightwing. It’s an interesting idea to explore, but the way Dick’s been handled to do that isn’t great. They could have done something like the “We are Robin” line to do this. Dick needs to get back to being himself: THE Nightwing.

1 Like

I could lie and make up some way it could be spun as good…but they would be lies.
I completely agree, it is horrible and I gave up on the series about 8 issues ago.
He can continue to call himself Ric, he can keep the scar and stupid haircut, he can keep being a Blüdhaven Cabbie. I mean, those details are unimportant and I can get used to it.
We just need Nightwing back. We need these rogue police officers to get smacked down hard or fired and arrested, then we need Ric to just pick up where he left off after throwing them under the bus.

Please forgive any details I got wrong. I read issue 52 and gave it a second chance at 56 then I stopped reading all together. So I don’t exactly know. everything that’s happened.

I could never settle for A Nightwing. I need THE Nightwing.

Now for the lie to try and comfort us. :slight_smile:
I insist this is good because it is a new direction they are going. Like any major changes to characters it will take time to get used to. However, we need this.
It is clear Grayson is destined to live his life alone. Multiple major crises has killed the relationship between Grayson and Oracle. I think we can agree that Grayson and Shawn were a cute couple but should stay apart. Grayson has seen what happens when a vigilante that stays up late falls in love with a criminal.
Where am I going?
Well, Ric now has a team that he likes. He doesn’t remember his past life. He has a chance to start over. They are people he can relate to and be friends with. Not just coworkers. It is a way for him have companionship and move his life forward to being more than just someone who lives off their adopted father by day and smacks around b-listers by night.

Oh yes. And remember that is a lie to try and make y’all feel better. Those are not my real opinions. :slight_smile: