[RR: Jason Todd] Zombie Jason: May 11-24

Yeah that one was my favorite as well and for the same reason. I absolutely hated the whole BAD ROBIN deal so this story gets kudos for ignoring that nonsense too.

I feel the same why about them. The whole idea behind this “Jason is a Bad Robin” nonsense is based on the erroneous assumption that Jason was the cause of his own death and not Joker because he disobeyed an order from Batman. Writers are blaming the victim here and not his bio mom who betrayed him or the piece of trash that killed him while also leaving out that he disobeyed that order so he could save a life and that he died attempting to save that same life even though she had betrayed him.

3 Likes

In honor of tonight’s wonderful Q&A with him, I wanted to share archivist Benjamin Le Clear’s video on Jason Todd’s history and death:

3 Likes

I just read #430 for the first time ever (a single issue gap in my collection that I never filled), and, boy…modern and post-modern writers sure have liked to hate on Thomas Wayne for some reason, huh? I mean, what point was this issue even trying to make?

1 Like

I dunno. I’ve always liked the idea that Thomas Wayne was actually a rather unpleasant person, thereby making Bruce’s idolization of him ironic. Then again, Bill Finger characterized Thomas as a good man, so maybe you’re right. :wink:

Oh, and this is also Reason #567 for why the Waynes went to the movies. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like